The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) released the notice for reopening the application form of the Bihar Judiciary Exam 2020. The online application of the Bihar Judiciary Exam was extended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bihar Judiciary Exam 2020-21
The BPSC released the Bihar Judiciary Exam Notification for the Bihar Civil Judge Recruitment for 31st Bihar Judicial Services Competitive Examination on 12th March 2020. The last date to apply for the exam was till 31st August 2020. This year there are a total of 221 posts of Civil Judge in the state.
Bihar Judiciary Exam Date 2020-21
|Start of online registration||12 Mar 2020|
|End of online registration||31 Aug 2020|
|Last date to pay the exam fee||05 Sep 2020|
|Last date of submitting the application||12 Sep 2020|
|Availability of admit card (prelims)||To be announced|
|Date of the exam (prelims)||07 Oct 2020|
|Date of declaration results||To be announced|
Bihar Judicial Services Exam 2020-21 Highlights
|Name of Exam||31st Bihar Judicial Services Competitive Exam|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Last Conducted in||2018|
|Minimum Eligibility||Degree in Law|
|Exam Fees||Rs 100/-|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
Bihar Judiciary Exam Eligibility Criteria 2020-21
Bihar Judiciary Exam Age Limit
The candidate should be of the age of 22 years as on August 01, 2019. The maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 35 years as on August 01, 2018.
|Backward/Extremely Backward Class||40 years|
The candidate should hold a degree in law awarded by an institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Bihar Civil Judge Recruitment 2020-21
The selection process for the Bihar Civil Judge recruitment comprises of three stages. They are the prelims exam, mains exam and the interview process. The candidates will be selected based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the mains exam and the interview process. During the final selection, the document verification process will be conducted where the candidates should furnish all their original documents for a review process.
Bihar Judiciary Exam Pattern 2020-21
The prelims exam will be conducted for a total of 250 marks. The exam is conducted offline on OMR sheets. The exam pattern is given below:
The mains exam is conducted for a total of 1050 marks. There are a total of five compulsory subjects and three optional subjects. The mains exam is descriptive in nature and is conducted offline. The subjects and the marks distribution is given below:
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||150|
|Elementary General Science||100|
|Law Evidence and Procedure||150|
|Constitution Law of India and England||150|
|Hindu Law and Mohammadan Law||150|
|Transfer of Property, Principal of Equity, Law of Trust and Specific Relief Act||150|
|Law of Contract and Torts||150|
Bihar Judiciary Syllabus 2020-21
Prelims Exam Syllabus
- General Knowledge including current affairs
- Elementary General Science
- General Knowledge and current affairs
- Elementary General Science
- Law of Evidence and Procedure
- Constitutional and Administrative Law of India
- Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law
- Law of Transfer of Property, Principles of Equity
- Law of Trusts and Specific Relief
- Law of Contracts and Torts
- Commercial Law
Mains Exam Syllabus
Hindi and English paper are mandatory subjects. Each of them consists of 100 marks and the candidate should score a minimum of 33 marks in each exam. The candidate should attempt 3 papers out of 5 papers.
General Knowledge / General Studies
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Polity and Economy
Elementary General Science
This subject consists of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- Spotting Errors in sentences and phrases
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Fill in the blanks with missing words
- Usage of prepositions, idioms and phrases
- Word analogies
- Test of spellings
- Re-arranging sentences
- Questions to test comprehension – with a passage to be read and questions based on the same.
- Questions will be set to test the understanding of and the power to write English. A passage or passages will usually be set for summary or precis.
- Questions will include letter writing on a given subject.
Constitution of India
Constitution of India – Article 1 to 395 and Schedules
Administrative Law of India
- Delegated Legislation
- Control of Delegated Legislation – Judicial & Legislative
- Fair Hearing; Rules of Natural Justice; Rules Against Bias; Audi Alteram Partem
- Tribunals and Quasi-Judicial Authorities; Judicial Control over them
- Regulatory- Authorities
- Judicial Review of Administrative Action
- Writ Jurisdiction and Statutory Judicial Remedies, Scope, Extent & Distinction
- Public Interest Litigation
- Tortious Liability of State and Compensation
- Promissory Estoppel, Legitimate Expectation & Doctrine of Proportionality
- Government Contracts
Law of Evidence & Procedure
- Indian Evidence Act (1 of 1872)
- Civil Procedure Code (5 of 1908)
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974)
- Provincial Small Cause Courts Act, 1887
Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law
- Hindu Law including Schools, Marriage, Adoption, Impartible Estate, Endowment.
- Muhammadan Law including Marriage Law, Adoption, Wills, Legitimacy, Acknowledgement, Guardianship.
- Sale of Goods,
- Negotiable Instruments
- Company Law
The interview process will be conducted for a total of 100 marks. Only those candidates who clear the mains exam will be eligible for the interview round.
Bihar Civil Judge Salary 2020-21
The pay structure for the Junior Civil Judge/First Class Magistrate whose starting pay is Rs 27,700 will now get Rs 77,840. For the post of Senior Civil Judge starts with Rs 1,11,000 and that of the District Judge Rs 1,44,840. The highest pay for a District Judge will be Rs. 2,24,100.
Bihar Judiciary Exam FAQs
Q). What are the number of vacancies for the Bihar Civil Judge recruitment?
A). There are a total of 221 vacancies for the Bihar Civil Judge Recruitment.
Q). What is the Bihar Judiciary Exam fee?
A). The exam fee of the Bihar Judiciary Exam is Rs. 100/.
Q). What is the mode of examination?
A). The Bihar Judiciary Exam will be conducted in the offline mode.
Q). What is the frequency of conducting the exam?
A). The Bihar Judiciary Exam is conducted once a year.
Q). What is the educational qualification required for Bihar Judiciary Exam?
A). The candidate should have a degree of law to appear for the Bihar Judiciary Exam.