CLAT Maths Syllabus 2021: The CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) Exam is conducted to test the knowledge of Elementary Mathematics, which is based on the 10th and 12th Standard. With proper techniques and preparation, aspirants can score well in the CLAT 2021 exam. In this article, applicants will get complete information about the CLAT Mathematics Syllabus.
CLAT Maths Syllabus 2021
- The Elementary Mathematics Syllabus for CLAT segregated into five categories- Arithmetic, Commercial Mathematics, Mensuration, Modern Mathematics, Data Interpretation.
- Students are suggested to be advised to prepare for the exam next after the completion of the 12th Board Exam.
- Before applying for the CLAT, candidates should know the CLAT Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme.
- Candidates will get the complete CLAT Maths Syllabus PDF in this article with the pdf of sample papers to prepare for the exam.
CLAT Maths Syllabus 2021
Have a look at the following points to know the CLAT 2021 Elementary Mathematics Numerical Ability Syllabus separately. Check best books for CLAT 2021.
- Arithmetic- Number System, HCF & LCM, Time & Work, Average, Ratio & Proportion, Simplification, Fractions & Functions, Logarithms & Functions, etc.
- Commercial Mathematics- Percentage, Interest, Profit & Loss, Partnership, etc.
- Mensuration- Volume, Areas, etc.
- Modern Mathematics- Probability, Clocks & Calendar, etc.
- Data Interpretation- Data Tables, Data Charts, Bar Diagrams, Charts (Simple, Stacked, Composite Chart Bar, Pie Chart), Graphs (Line X-Y graphs), Data Analysis & Data Comparison, Caselet Based Data.
Important Information CLAT Mathematics Syllabus 2021
In the following table, we are mentioning the other important information related to the Mathematics Numerical Ability-
|Authority||Decided by the CLAT Authority.|
|New Topics||Every year the authority makes changes in the CLAT syllabus and new topics are introduced and the old topics are eliminated.
The changes in the CLAT Maths Syllabus made by the authority every year. In which Old Topics are deleted and New topics are added from the syllabus.
|Sections||English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning|
|Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
How To Prepare for CLAT Elementary Mathematics 2021
Mathematics Numerical Ability seems complicated and scary for every student. But it is not; students can easily solve the numerical with proper tips, tricks, and concepts. Go to the below points to know how to prepare questions for the Elementary Mathematics Syllabus for CLAT. Check how to prepare for CLAT in 30 days.
- Applicants who have applied for the exam can prepare for the CLAT Elementary Mathematics section from the 10th and 12th Standard Notes.
- To score well in the exam, candidates should understand the consequence of proper preparation.
- Preparing for the Elementary Mathematics Questions for CLAT means that it is necessary to strategize a plan that works the best.
- Make an appropriate topic-wise time table with the help of CLAT Maths Syllabus for each topic of all the categories.
- Do practice for the CLAT Mock Test Series available on the internet as much as possible.
- Students can purchase high-quality and reliable study material from any of the institutes available.
Key Points of CLAT 2021 Mathematics Syllabus
This section of the CLAT 2021 derives, infer, and manipulates numerical knowledge set out in the form of passages, graphs, or other representations. There will be a passage of 450 words in that Multiple-Choice Questions will be asked. This mathematical operation on such information includes areas such as CLAT Elementary Mathematics Algebra, Ratios and Proportions, Mensuration, and Data Interpretation. Check the CLAT 2021 Exam Date.
Have a look at the following points to know the key points to prepare for the Elementary Mathematics Syllabus for CLAT-
- As it is said, practice Makes the Man Perfect. Make a goal to solve 30 related questions daily. By practicing daily, candidates grasp the concepts and should be able to solve most of the problems within a minute as you approach the end of your preparation.
- For a Proper Strategy, it needs a combination of Mock and Analysis, which is very important in CLAT Mathematics. The continuous practice also helps to get an idea about the questions that come in the exam.
- While practicing for the CLAT 2021, try to evaluate yourself. Self-Observation helps aspirants identify weak and strong areas.
- Solve continuous CLAT Sample Papers to know the time spent on each section of the Elementary Mathematics Syllabus for CLAT.
- There are some formulae and tricks, which aspirants need to memorize while applying thoroughly.
- Prepare a sheet of the formulas and stick somewhere in your room to which aspirants can look daily.
- CLAT Elementary Mathematics Partnerships and Discounts topics can also be solved with the help of 10th and 12th Standard Notes.
Some Basic Useful Tips for CLAT Mathematics Syllabus 2021
- Memorize the tables, squares, and cubes. This helps in both the maths and logical reasoning sections of the exam.
- Focus on the variation while solving the problem of maths with the help of formulas. For Example- While answering the question of mensuration, the methods need to be applied judiciously to arrive at the right result.
- Try to solve ten questions out of 20 questions in less than a minute and identify the score.
- Aspirants are advised not to give more than 15 minutes to this section, as they have to solve other sections of the exam.
- Elementary Mathematics for CLAT PDF helps aspirants to understand the exam pattern and understand the level of questions asked in the exam, which will be released a few weeks before the exam by the Consortium on the official website of the exam.
Preparation Books for CLAT Mathematics 2021
Have a look at the table, Preparation Books for CLAT Mathematics are mentioned, which helps candidates to practice for the exam with proper guidance-
|CLAT Books||Author/ Publisher|
|Universal’s Elementary Mathematics (Numeral Ability)||Jain Prateek|
|Mathematics for CLAT & AILET||LAWGICIANS|
|Mathematics for CLAT||Shailesh Kumar|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Magical Book On Quicker Maths||Tyra|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
CLAT Mathematics Syllabus FAQs
Q) Are there any changes to the CLAT Mathematics Syllabus 2021?
A) No, there is no change in the CLAT Mathematics Syllabus 2021. There is a change in the overall Exam Pattern of the CLAT 2021. Click Here (Link of CLAT Exam Pattern) to know the complete CLAT Exam Pattern.
Q) How many categories are there in the section of CLAT Mathematics Syllabus?
A) A total of five categories are there in the section of CLAT Mathematics Syllabus, namely- Arithmetic, Commercial Mathematics, Mensuration, Modern Mathematics, Data Interpretation. Click Here (Link of CLAT Mathematics Syllabus) to know the complete syllabus for the CLAT Mathematics.
Q) How do I prepare for maths CLAT?
A) To prepare for the maths CLAT, candidates need to follow a few tips that help them score well in the Elementary Mathematics Section of the exam. Make a list of doubts while solving the sample papers and make doubt clear one by one. Practice more to enhance accuracy and speed by using formulas. We have provided the list of books for complete and proper guidance.
Q) Are there maths in CLAT?
A) Yes, there is the Maths section in the CLAT 2021. The Math section is intended to test the knowledge of the applicants who applied for the exam. Click Here (Link of CLAT Mathematics Syllabus) to know complete information about the Maths section of the CLAT 2021.
Q) Can I crack the Maths Section of CLAT without Coaching?
A) Yes, One can clear the Maths section without coaching. Aspirants can practice from the 10th, and 12th standard Mathematics notes. Also, many sample papers are available on the internet. Download and start solving sample papers for the practice.
Q) Is Maths required for CLAT?
A) Opting for Elementary Maths for CLAT is unnecessary as there are core areas for CLAT, including Mathematics Section, which requires the Maths Knowledge that is- Legal Reasoning (Aptitude), Logical Reasoning, English Language, and Elementary Maths. Moreover, the other core subjects in the CLAT syllabus like- Political Science, Business Studies, Economics, etc. does not require maths knowledge.
Q) How many questions will be asked in the Math Section of CLAT 2021?
A) As per the new Exam Pattern released by the CLAT authority, 13-17 questions will be asked in the Elementary Mathematics section of the CLAT 2021. There is a CLAT Mock Test available on the internet, and applicants can download and start practicing with mock that helps to understand the types of questions asked in the exam. Also, the CLAT Consortium has released the Sample Papers for the candidates to understand the exam pattern.
Q) What is the Difficulty level of Math Section in CLAT?
A) Based on the previous year CLAT Exam Analysis, the Math Section's difficulty level was easy-moderate. The questions asked were not difficult to solve; candidates need to put the concept and formula to answer maths.