Candidates eligible to apply can fill out the Application Form from the official website. CLAT 2025 registration will start as soon as the official notification is released from Consortium of NLUs. A considerable number of seats are disclosed for UG and PG both. In 22 participating institutes, 2342 UG and 742 PG seats are granted.
Before filling out the CLAT Registration Form, candidates should check their eligibility based on the course they will apply for. Candidates can select one course at a time while filling out the CLAT 2025 Application Form. If the CLAT Eligibility Criteria do not meet the prescribed notification of the course, the candidate’s application form will be rejected.
CLAT Registration 2025
- CLAT Exam 2025 will be conducted in 203 locations in the country (earlier, the offline exam was slated to be held in 67 locations).
- Candidates can select any three locations as per their preference.
- The exam will be conducted as an Objective Type Test; no descriptive or comprehensive test will exist.
- There are 22 participants in CLAT 2025, in which DBRANLU Haryana is a new addition.
CLAT Important Dates 2025
Go through the following table to know about the important CLAT Exam Dates as per the CLAT official notification-
|Events||Dates (Tentative)||Feature of Events|
|CLAT Exam Date Notification Release||Updated Soon||The Consortium will release the official notification on their official website in PDF format|
|Starting Date to Apply||Updated Soon||The Application window is activated on the official website – https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/|
|Last date to apply||Updated Soon||All the details must be filled in before the last date and submitted through online mode.|
|Last date for online fee payment||Updated Soon||Pay the prescribed application fee either through a different offline mode.|
|Admit Card Release Date||Updated Soon||Admit cards will be issued to candidates in online mode.|
|CLAT 2025 Exam Date||Updated Soon||Candidates need to appear at the respective exam centre on the scheduled date and time.|
|Answer key Release Date||Updated Soon||The consortium will release the provisional answer key first and followed by the final answer key.|
|Result Date||Updated Soon||The Consortium will declare the results as well as publish the merit list for each NLU on the official website.|
|Admission Process||Updated Soon||Based on the Merit List, the admission process will begin on the scheduled date.|
Read more: How To Prepare For CLAT 2025
Prerequisites to Fill CLAT Registration Form 2025
Here in the following points, the list of the documents are there to keep ready before CLAT Online Registration-
- Candidate’s Email Id for the communication
- Mobile Number
- Residential Address
- ID proof (Aadhar Card, PAN card, Driving License) which has complete details mentioned
- Scan passport size picture, domicile certificate, Caste Certification (for SC/ ST/ SAP Candidates), claim for NRI/NRI sponsored candidate in a prescribed manner.
Note: Candidates do not need to send the hard copy of any required ID Proof certificates with the Application Form to the CLAT office.
CLAT Application Process 2025
As per the observation, the number of CLAT Application Form for LLB is increasing every year, whereas the number of CLAT Registration Form for LLM remains almost consistent. Read the following points to know the step to fill the CLAT 2025 Registration Form.
Click on the CLAT Application Form Link to fill the Form
Step 1- Registration on Official Website
Candidates have to register first before going to the further process of filling the application form for CLAT 2025. Go to the following steps to register-
- Go to the official link of CLAT Consortium (consortiumofnlus.ac.in)
- Click on the “Registration” option given.
- Fill the details asked (Name, Mobile Number, Mail Id, Password)
- Submit it.
- The Name of the candidates should be as mentioned in their certificates/ mark sheets/ Id proof.
- The Consortium will reject the registration if any alteration found in the given information.
- If the candidate is submitting more than one application with the same mobile number and mail id, the submission of the last application will be considered by the selection authorities.
Step 2- OTP Verification
Once the candidate registered on the CLAT website while clicking on the “Register” button, candidates will receive OTP on the registered mobile number. Use that OTP to activate an account for CLAT 2025. If the activation is done, students can see the pop-up on the screen.
Step 3- Filling Application Form
After registering through the officials’ website, a candidate has to login again to complete CLAT Online Registration with the Username and Password sent on the given mobile number and mail id. Check out the following steps to complete the CLAT Application Process-
- Candidates are suggested to read the instruction for the level they want to apply. The guidance is given separately for UG and PG both.
- Next, candidates have to enter personal details, communication details, qualifying examination details, preferences, and reservation details.
- In the section of Personal Information, candidates have to upload the scanned picture and signature as per the specified pattern.
|Document||Image Size (Maximum)||Format|
|State of Domicile Certificate||2 MB|
- There are several choices in the section of reservation while filling the CLAT 2025 Registration Form because different Universities provide admission beneath various reservation categories. Based on the field of the profile (All India Category, Gender, Nationality, Person With Disability), the applicable categories are already selected.
- Candidates want to claim a reservation under additional categories, and they have to fill this part accordingly.
Step 4- Edit Application Form/ Delete Application/ Make Payment
- Candidates make changes in the CLAT Registration Form as many times as they want.
- If you want to delete, click on the delete option and it will delete complete application form data.
- Before the final submission, candidates have to pay for the CLAT Registration Fees, click on the “Make Payment” option given.
- Candidates can pay CLAT 2025 Registration Fees from any mode of payment- Debit/ Credit Card, UPI, Net Banking, Mobile Wallets, etc.
- While making payment, there is one more box, which says: “Do You Want Previous Year Question Papers?”. If you want, select yes, and you have to pay extra INR 500 for the previous year question paper.
- Click on the “Confirm Payment” option and complete the registration.
Note: For any assistance, while processing the CLAT Registration contact the help desk between 10.00 to 17.00 on all working days.
Contact Number- 08047162020
Category-Wise Details To be Filled – CLAT Application Requirement
In the following tables, there is a list of the details filled in each category while doing CLAT Online Registration 2025
In the following table, there are details mentioned which are required to fill in the section of Personal Information-
|Full Name||Gender||Date of Birth|
|Father’s Name||Mother’s Name||Nationality|
|All India Category||If NRI Sponsored Category||Whether the candidate is a Person with Disability (PwD)|
|Percentage of disability (if applicable)||Scribe requirement (if applicable)||Whether Below Poverty Line (BPL)|
|State of domicile||State of Residence||State of nativity|
Go through the following table to know the details asked to fill in the section of Communication Details-
|Address for correspondence||Pin of correspondence address|
|Permanent address||Pin of permanent address|
|Mobile number of the applicant||Alternative contact number (mobile number/ Landline number)|
|Email ID of the applicant||–|
Here is the list in the following table, asked to fill in the section of Academic Qualification-
|Qualified exam||Name of Board/ University|
|Month of Passing||Exam status (appearing/ appeared or passed)|
|Year of Passing||Percentage|
A few other points mentioned, which need to answer while CLAT Registration 2025-
|Category||Details To Be Filled|
|Course Selection||Select the course of admission i.e. Undergraduate or Postgraduate course in law|
|If require previous years CLAT question papers||Yes/ No|
|Reservation category||General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ SC/ ST/ PIO/ BPL/ OCI|
|CLAT exam centre preference||Select any three cities from the list|
|NLU preference||Mark NLUs in order of preference from most preferred to least preferred|
Important Details About the Institutes
- There is no Post Graduate Program for CNLU Patna if any candidate chooses the PG Program for CNLU in the preference list, the selection authority will ignore it.
- The candidate will not be allowed to change the category after the Final Submission of the CLAT Online Application.
- Based on the permanent residence, the NLUJA Assam University stretches State Reservation.
- Candidates have to choose the State Assam to claim for the NLUJA Assam University.
- Based on the Nativity, the University of NUALS Kochi especially stretches the State Reservation.
Read more : CLAT Syllabus 2025
CLAT Registration Fees 2025
- The Fees is non-refundable
- While making CLAT Registration Fees online, candidates have to pay bank charges extra that will be displayed on the gateway of payment.
- The CLAT Registration gets completed if the payment gets accepted.
- The message of confirmation will be sent to the registered mail id and contact number given by the candidate.
- Check out the following table to know the payment based on categories-
|Category||CLAT Registration Fees|
|General/Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Disability (PwD)/ Non-Resident Indians (NRI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas citizens (OCI)||INR 4000|
|Scheduled Class (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Below Poverty Line (BPL)||INR 3500|
Correction of CLAT 2025 Registration Form
- Once the candidate makes the final submission, the changes cannot be done in the CLAT Registration Form.
- There is no rule of opening the correction window at a particular time for making any changes
- There is an option on the page of payment, through that candidates can do the changes as many times as they want.
- In case, candidates remind that they made a mistake while filling the form, in this situation, candidates have to register and pay for CLAT Registration Fees again.
CLAT Application Form Status 2025
- Candidates who completed registration by paying the application fee can check the CLAT Application Form Status under their respective login.
- It will show the exact status of the Application Form, which should be-
- Application Form is Pending
- It has been Submitted
- The Status of Payment
- Based on the status of the Application Form, candidates have to complete the process of CLAT Registration.
Check also : CLAT Sample Papers
CLAT Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Q) How can I apply for CLAT 2025?
A) Go to the official website of CLAT (www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in/) to apply online for CLAT. Candidates who are willing to sit in the CLAT exam should do the registration before the last date. Click Here (Link of Application Form) to know the complete CLAT Application Form Process 2025.
Q) What is the cost of CLAT form?
A) The cost of CLAT form is based on the category of the candidates, check the following table to know the fees based on the category of the candidate- Category CLAT Registration Fees General/Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Disability (PwD)/ Non-Resident Indians (NRI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas citizens (OCI) INR 4000 Scheduled Class (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Below Poverty Line (BPL) INR 3500
Q) Is CLAT online or offline 2025?
A) The CLAT exam will be taken in Offline Mode (Pen-Paper Mode) from 2025 onwards.
Q) I got Blank / Zero Registration No. after submission of application online?
A)As it is infrequent that any applicant will get no registration number with the valid password. In this case, candidates are suggested to register again on the website correctly and check the printout through the Print Application option given after gateway of payment.
Q) Will there be any correction window for CLAT 2025?
A) No, there will not be any correction window for CLAT 2025. Candidates are suggested to read the instructions carefully before applying for the exam and review the application form before the final submission. In case, candidates remind that they made a mistake while filling the form, in this situation, candidates have to register and pay for CLAT Registration Fees again.
Q) Will CLAT authorities release the application form of CLAT 2025 in offline mode?
A) No, The authorities will not release the Offline CLAT Registration Link in offline mode. The registration window will be available in online mode only. Also, candidates should know that the application form for the UG and PG courses are the same; candidates have to choose one of them from the option given along with the instruction.
Q) Is there any age limit for filling the CLAT application form?
A) No, there is no age limit for applying for the CLAT 2025. The authority of CLAT hasn't set any upper age limit for CLAT Registration. Candidates of any age group can apply if they meet the eligibility criteria.