CLAT Exam Registration released date was 1st January 2020. Candidates who are eligible to apply can fill the Application Form till 10th July 2020, as the authority extended the CLAT Registration last date. A considerable number of seats are disclosed for UG and PG both. In 22 participating institutes, 2538 UG and 742 PG seats are granted.
Before filling the CLAT Registration Form, candidates should check their eligibility based on the course they are going to apply. Candidates are allowed to select one course at a time while filling the CLAT 2020 Application Form. If the CLAT Eligibility Criteria does not meet as per the prescribed notification of the course, the application form of the candidate will be rejected.
CLAT Registration 2020
- CLAT 2020 will be conducted in the 203 locations of the country (earlier the offline exam was slated to be held in 67 locations). The reason for increasing the number of test locations is that candidates do not have to travel much in the situation of COVID pandemic.
- Candidates can select any three locations as per their preference by 10th July 2020.
- The exam will be conducted in the form of Objective Type Test, and no descriptive or comprehensive test will be there.
- There are 22 participants in CLAT 2020 in which DBRANLU Haryana is a new addition.
CLAT Important Dates 2020
Go through the following table to know about the CLAT important Dates as per the CLAT official notification-
|Application Form Release Date||1st January 2020|
|CLAT 2020 Registration Last Date||10th July 2020|
|Last Date for CLAT 2020 Registration Fees Payment||10th July 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd Week of August|
|Last Date to Download Admit Card||22nd August 2020|
|CLAT Exam Date||22nd August 2020|
|CLAT Answer Key Release||September 2020|
Prerequisites to Fill CLAT Registration Form
Here in the following points, the list of the documents are there to keep ready before CLAT Online Registration-
- Candidate’s Email Id for the communication
- Mobile Number
- Residential Address
- ID proof (Aadhar Card, PAN card, Driving License) which has complete details mentioned
- Scan passport size picture, domicile certificate, Caste Certification (for SC/ ST/ SAP Candidates), claim for NRI/NRI sponsored candidate in a prescribed manner.
Note: Candidates do not need to send the hardcopy of any of the required certificates of ID Proof with the Application Form to the CLAT office.
CLAT Application Process 2020
As per the observation, the number of CLAT Application Form for LLB is increasing every year, whereas the number of CLAT Registration Form for LLM remains almost consistent. Read the following points to know the step to fill the CLAT 2020 Registration Form.
Click on the CLAT Application Form Link to fill the Form
Step 1- Registration on Official Website
Candidates have to register first before going to the further process of filling the application form for CLAT 2020. Go to the following steps to register-
- Go to the official link of CLAT Consortium (consortiumofnlus.ac.in)
- Click on the “Registration” option given.
- Fill the details asked (Name, Mobile Number, Mail Id, Password)
- Submit it.
- The Name of the candidates should be as mentioned in their certificates/ mark sheets/ Id proof.
- The Consortium will reject the registration if any alteration found in the given information.
- If the candidate is submitting more than one application with the same mobile number and mail id, submission of the last application will be considered by the selection authorities.
Step 2- OPT Verification
Once the candidate registered on the CLAT website while clicking on the “Register” button, candidates will receive OTP on the registered mobile number. Use that OTP to activate an account for CLAT 2020. If the activation is done, students can see the pop-up on the screen.
Step 3- Filling Application Form
After registering through the officials’ website, a candidate has to login again to complete CLAT Online Registration with the Username and Password sent on the given mobile number and mail id. Check out the following steps to complete the CLAT Application Process-
- Candidates are suggested to read the instruction for the level they want to apply. The guidance is given separately for UG and PG both.
- Next, candidates have to enter personal details, communication details, qualifying examination details, preferences, and reservation details.
- In the section of Personal Information, candidates have to upload the scanned picture and signature as per the specified pattern.
|Document||Image Size (Maximum)||Format|
|State of Domicile Certificate||2 MB|
- There are several choices in the section of reservation while filling the CLAT 2020 Registration Form because different Universities provide admission beneath various reservation categories. Based on the field of the profile (All India Category, Gender, Nationality, Person With Disability), the applicable categories are already selected.
- Candidates want to claim a reservation under additional categories, and they have to fill this part accordingly.
Step 4- Edit Application Form/ Delete Application/ Make Payment
- Candidates make changes in the CLAT Registration Form as many times as they want.
- If you want to delete, click on the delete option and it will delete complete application form data.
- Before the final submission, candidates have to pay for the CLAT Registration Fees, click on the “Make Payment” option given.
- Candidates can pat CLAT 2020 Registration Fees from any mode of payment- Debit/ Credit Card, UPI, Net Banking, Mobile Wallets, etc.
- While making payment, there is one more box, which says: “Do You Want Previous Year Question Papers?”. If you want, select yes, and you have to pay extra INR 500 for the previous year question paper.
- Click on the “Confirm Payment” option and complete the registration.
Note: For any assistance, while processing for the CLAT Registration contact help desk between 10.00 to 17.00 on all working days.
Contact Number- 08047162020
Category-Wise Details To be Filled
In the following tables, there is a list of the details filled in each category while doing CLO+AT Online Registration 2020-
In the following table, there are details mentioned which are required to fill in the section of Personal Information-
|Full Name||Gender||Date of Birth|
|Father’s Name||Mother’s Name||Nationality|
|All India Category||If NRI Sponsored Category||Whether the candidate is a Person with Disability (PwD)|
|Percentage of disability (if applicable)||Scribe requirement (if applicable)||Whether Below Poverty Line (BPL)|
|State of domicile||State of Residence||State of nativity|
Go through the following table to know the details asked to fill in the section of Communication Details-
|Address for correspondence||Pin of correspondence address|
|Permanent address||Pin of permanent address|
|Mobile number of the applicant||Alternative contact number (mobile number/ Landline number)|
|Email ID of the applicant||–|
Here is the list in the following table, asked to fill in the section of Academic Qualification-
|Qualified exam||Name of Board/ University|
|Month of Passing||Exam status (appearing/ appeared or passed)|
|Year of Passing||Percentage|
A few other points mentioned, which need to answer while CLAT Registration 2020-
|Category||Details To Be Filled|
|Course Selection||Select the course of admission i.e. Undergraduate or Postgraduate course in law|
|If require previous years CLAT question papers||Yes/ No|
|Reservation category||General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ SC/ ST/ PIO/ BPL/ OCI|
|CLAT exam centre preference||Select any three cities from the list|
|NLU preference||Mark NLUs in order of preference from most preferred to least preferred|
Important Details About the Institutes
- There is no Post Graduate Program for CNLU Patna if any candidate chooses the PG Program for CNLU in the preference list, the selection authority will ignore it.
- The candidate will not be allowed to change the category after the Final Submission of the CLAT Online Application.
- Based on the permanent residence, the NLUJA Assam University stretches State Reservation.
- Candidates have to choose the State Assam to claim for the NLUJA Assam University.
- Based on the Nativity, the University of NUALS Kochi especially stretches the State Reservation.
CLAT Registration Fees 2020
- The Fees is non-refundable
- While making CLAT Registration Fees online, candidates have to pay bank charges extra that will be displayed on the gateway of payment.
- The CLAT Registration gets completed if the payment gets accepted.
- The message of confirmation will be sent to the registered mail id and contact number given by the candidate.
- Check out the following table to know the payment based on categories-
|Category||CLAT Registration Fees|
|General/Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Disability (PwD)/ Non-Resident Indians (NRI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas citizens (OCI)||INR 4000|
|Scheduled Class (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Below Poverty Line (BPL)||INR 3500|
Correction of CLAT 2020 Registration Form
- Once the candidate makes the final submission, the changes cannot be done in the CLAT Registration Form.
- There is no rule of opening the correction window in a particular time for making any changes
- There is an option on the page of payment, through that candidates can do the changes as many times as they want.
- In case, candidates remind that they made a mistake while filling the form, in this situation, candidates have to register and pay for CLAT Registration Fees again.
CLAT Application Form Status 2020
- Candidates who completed registration by paying the application fee can check the CLAT Application Form Status under their respective login.
- It will show the exact status of the Application Form, that should be-
- Application Form is Pending
- It has been Submitted
- The Status of Payment
- Based on the status of the Application Form, candidates have to complete the process of CLAT Registration.
CLAT Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Q) How can I apply for CLAT 2020?
A) Go to the official website of CLAT (www.consortiumofnlus.ac.in/) to apply online for CLAT. The CLAT 2020 registration last date is 10th July 2020, candidates who are willing to sit in the CLAT exam should do the registration before the last date. Click Here (Link of Application Form) to know the complete CLAT Application Form Process 2020.
Q) What is the cost of CLAT form?
A) The cost of CLAT form is based on the category of the candidates, check the following table to know the fees based on the category of the candidate- Category CLAT Registration Fees General/Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Disability (PwD)/ Non-Resident Indians (NRI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas citizens (OCI) INR 4000 Scheduled Class (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Below Poverty Line (BPL) INR 3500
Q) Is CLAT online or offline 2020?
A) The CLAT exam will be taken in Offline Mode (Pen-Paper Mode) from 2020 onwards.
Q) I got Blank / Zero Registration No. after submission of application online?
A)As it is infrequent that any applicant will get no registration number with the valid password. In this case, candidates are suggested to register again on the website correctly and check the print out through the Print Application option given after gateway of payment.
Q) Will there be any correction window for CLAT 2020?
A) No, there will not be any correction window for CLAT 2020. Candidates are suggested to read the instructions carefully before applying for the exam and review the application form before the final submission. In case, candidates remind that they made a mistake while filling the form, in this situation, candidates have to register and pay for CLAT Registration Fees again.
Q) Will CLAT authorities release the application form of CLAT 2020 in offline mode?
A) No, The authorities will not release the Offline CLAT Registration Link in offline mode. The registration window will be available in online mode only. Also, candidates should know that the application form for the UG and PG courses are the same; candidates have to choose one of them from the option given along with the instruction.
Q) Is there any age limit for filling the CLAT application form?
A) No, there is no age limit for applying for the CLAT 2020. The authority of CLAT hasn't set any upper age limit for CLAT Registration. Candidates of any age group can apply if they meet the eligibility criteria.