Vocabulary is an essential component of the English language, and it gives you an advantage in a variety of situations, including entrance examinations such as CLAT and everyday communication.
How To Improve Vocabulary For CLAT 2024
Vocabulary is not something that can be learned in a day, and it needs time and works to develop Vocabulary. For many applicants attempting to pass major legal entrance exams, English is one of the most difficult topics to master.
It is just as crucial to study well for English as it is to study well for the other subjects on the exam. Vocabulary is one of the most significant aspects of English. This article will show you how to improve your vocabulary over time in a straightforward approach. This will come in handy because you will be able to swiftly complete certain problems in the exam based solely on vocabulary.
This page covers everything you need to know about CLAT English Vocabulary Preparation, including the types of questions asked and the best method for answering CLAT Vocabulary questions.
Read More: CLAT Subjects List 2024
CLAT English Vocabulary Preparation 2024
Teachers or mentors usually advise students to read at least 10 new words each day. Do you, on the other hand, recall it? You are likely to forget because you only read it once and do not go over it again.
The entire question paper, as we all know, contains comprehension passages. As a result, it’s critical to comprehend the paragraph and respond to the questions that follow.
Here are a few recommendations for CLAT 2024 English Vocabulary Preparation that will help you remember the terms for the rest of your life.
Be a consistent reader
- If you read a term and its definition, make sure to review it every day.
- Even if you’re learning new terms, attempt to go over the ones you learned the day before.
- Continue to be consistent until you’ve achieved perfection.
Read Newspapers regularly
- The best way to improve vocabulary is to read newspapers.
- You can learn a lot of new terms and their definitions every day.
- Try to read slowly to understand the context and significance of what you’re reading.
- You’ll be preparing for both the English and the GK parts in this manner. You may also read daily Current Affairs to stay up to date on current events and learn new vocabulary.
Read Fictional Books
- To learn new terms, read fiction stories or novels.
- While reading, keep your attention on the story. You can even make a list of new terms as you read.
- You can also make it a practice to look up and read the definitions of these words.
Make Notes for Yourself
- Keep a notebook handy and jot down any new words you come across.
- By looking at the form, determine whether the word is a verb, a noun, or an adjective.
- Find antonyms and synonyms for them.
- Examine how the term is used. You can make a mental note of an example for later use.
- Taking the CLAT English Quiz is critical to improving your vocabulary preparedness.
- You can figure out what kind of questions will be asked and how well prepared you are.
- You can increase your speed and time management. You can also recognize and remedy your mistakes.
Read More: CLAT Syllabus 2024 [Subjects-Wise]
What Is the Best Way to Answer Vocabulary-Based Questions?
To improve your CLAT English section score, you must master vocabulary in addition to the CLAT English Comprehension-based Questions. Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Foreign language words, and spellcheck are among the vocabulary-based questions asked in the CLAT English part.
- When you’re working on a question paper or taking an exam, pay attention to the words, you’re reading.
- Take your time to comprehend the meaning of the word. It will be much easier for you to respond to the question in this manner.
CLAT Exam Level of Words
- You can look at the prior year’s CLAT Question Papers to get a sense of the level of difficulty.
- You’ll come across words that have been taken from journalistic sources, such as newspapers and magazines.
Read More: Best Books For CLAT 2024
Steps to Answer CLAT Vocabulary Questions:
- Read the entire sentence containing the term being questioned in the question. Also, read the preceding and subsequent sentences to that sentence and try to piece together meaning from them to get a sense of what it’s trying to say.
- Then, in the phrase, insert the likely meaning of the asked term.
- Determine whether the phrase or sentence has a pessimistic or optimistic tone, since if the word or sentence has an optimistic tone, then its meaning will also have an optimistic tone. This will make it easier for you to remove the alternatives.
- Generally, two or three of the selections will have the same meaning, so look for the odd one.
Read More: How To Prepare For CLAT Legal Aptitude 2024
CLAT English Language Syllabus 2024
CLAT 2024 will have 450-word portions. These passages will be taken from 12th-grade fiction and non-fiction works that are either contemporary or historically relevant. Each paragraph will be followed by a set of questions designed to assess a candidate’s understanding and language abilities.
The following topics will be explored in the form of questions:
- Reading and comprehending the question’s basic point and the opinions and arguments presented in the passage.
- The passages should be summarised.
- Using the passage to make assumptions and draw conclusions
- Comparing and contrasting the various arguments or points of view presented in the passage.
- Recognizing the significance of the passage’s numerous phrases and words.
Read More: Logical Reasoning Questions For CLAT 2024
Important Topics in the English Language for CLAT 2024
The most relevant topics in the CLAT 2024 English Language section are listed below. While studying for the exam, aspirants should concentrate on these areas.
- Correction of Sentences
- Completing the Blanks
- Idioms and Phrases
- Rearranging Sentences
- Comprehension – Questions that require you to think about what you’ve read.
- Spelling Check
- Foreign Language Words
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the best ways to answer CLAT English Section questions?
A: Review the following concepts to answer CLAT English Section Questions. When a new paragraph appears, it is critical to pay attention. However, other words can be employed to provide the counter-argument. To locate the fine nuances, you must read them carefully. There are two types of vocabulary questions. One inquires about the meaning of a given the word, while the other inquires about the word's meaning in the passage. Reading two lines before and after the word in question is a good idea. You can figure out the meaning of the word just by reading these lines, even if you aren't aware of it. Approaching the questions only after you've thoroughly comprehended the passage is advisable. This will assist you in resolving the problem swiftly. It is critical to read the questions with complete concentration. Minor word changes can change the entire meaning of the question and, as a result, the response. It's best not to be overconfident and dismiss responses. Even if you believe you have the correct answer, you should consider all of them before making a final selection.
Q: Will reading the newspaper aid my vocabulary development?
A: Yes. Reading the newspaper can help you enhance your vocabulary and ace the CLAT exam.
Q: What techniques can we use to get the highest possible score on the CLAT English section?
A: The following are some ways we can use to improve our CLAT English Section scores: You will obtain more knowledge by participating in study groups or discussing the passage with a larger number of individuals. You'll be able to comprehend the various points of view, meanings, and new questions that may develop. Debating the arguments offered will be extremely beneficial to your preparation. It is critical to practice grammar with several well-respected grammar books. This will aid in the improvement of your grammar abilities. Even though you won't be able to increase your vocabulary before the exam significantly, you can still try. Make sure you understand the meaning of every new word you encounter. This will greatly assist you in improving your abilities. The CLAT consortium's sample papers and practice materials must be solved and practised religiously. This will assist you in comprehending the question pattern as well as enhancing your current knowledge.
Q: What should I do if I only have a few days to prepare for the CLAT English exam?
Q: What is the best way to prepare for the CLAT's English section?
A: The actions listed below should be followed to prepare for the CLAT English Section. The most crucial part is to practice the previous year's question papers and take as many mock examinations as possible. Read a wide range of English-language publications, newspapers, documentaries, and films. Learn new words, including synonyms and antonyms, and make sure you know what they mean. Improve your reading speed by learning the fundamentals and principles of language rather than going by instinct.