The candidates interested in studying law should go through this article, which is designed for the applicants to prepare for the CLAT Legal Reasoning. This article will provide complete detailed information about “How to prepare for CLAT Legal Reasoning?”
As per the new CLAT Exam Pattern 2021, The section CLAT Legal Aptitude has become Legal Reasoning. The approach behind this was to excrete the need for former legal knowledge to resemble this exam. However, the legal questions in the paper are still there, but a passage will replace the necessity for prior learning with all the requisite information.
CLAT Legal Reasoning Preparation Tips
- The questions are based solely on comprehensive. The questions in the passage are reasonable to have a legal/ political/ economic statement.
- Candidates are not required to learn the complex principles of law from contracts, Indian penal, and torts anymore. Only an analytical mind and good reading speed and accuracy are enough to clear this section of the CLAT.
- The sense of reading a passage promptly, grasping the information, and reaching a conclusion will come convenient in this CLAT exam.
- As compared to the older version, the exam will now be 150 marks. Based on ratio, legal reasoning still reaches among the top subjects.
Types of Questions Asked of CLAT Legal Reasoning
- The meaning or message of the passage as a whole.
- We are concluding what could be true or must be true from given facts and rules.
- Reasoning with conditional (“if-then”) statements.
- Concluding what could be true or must be true from given facts and rules concurrently with new information provided in hypotheticals.
- They are identifying when two statements are logically equivalent in the context.
- Deductive Reasoning.
Perception of the legal issue is an excellent help as the student might be capable of answering a set of questions even without reading the complete passage word to word.
- Enhance the legal vocabulary, including legal terms, legal jargon, foreign phrases, and proverbs.
- To enhance this area, go for the list of such terms with their meanings various times.
- Lookup for a term if someone does not get the purpose. Practice this will help in preparing for the legal passages.
CLAT Legal Reasoning Tips and Tricks
Look at the points to know How to prepare for CLAT Legal Reasoning with all tips, tricks, and strategies for the aspiring students-
- Read the comprehensive passage first and then attempt to the question. Do not read the hypothetical condition at the initial this will prevent from setting any opinions, and candidates will be able to answer in an unbiased method. Download CLAT Syllabus PDF.
- As applicants have to attempt 150 questions in a duration of 120 minutes, they should make certain that they accomplish their speed and accuracy simultaneously.
- Perpetually go with an answer, which has clear implications in the passage.
- CLAT Legal Reasoning is the most prominent section, marks-wise, and a distinct section like this requires candidates to have a fair knowledge of the basics. Exercising regularly is the key to acing this segment.
- Work consistently on the reading and accuracy skills.
- Refer to only the best books for CLAT Legal Reasoning Paper 2021 to practice, like- LST’s Legal Reasoning Module, Analytical Aptitude E-book by R S Agarwal, etc.
- Practice with the CLAT Mock Test and Previous Year’s Question Paper, which will help to know about the pattern of the questions and difficulty of the exam.
- Make ample use of the internet and search for sample/ practice papers to help students with the CLAT legal reasoning section.
CLAT Legal Reasoning Preparation Books
- Legal Awareness Legal Reasoning- Bhardwaj
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations- Bhardwaj
- Universal’s CLAT Guide- Universal
- Universal’s Constitution of India Bare Act with Short Notes- Universal
CLAT Legal Reasoning FAQs
Q) Is it necessary to attempt all the questions in legal reasoning?
A) No, it is not compulsory to attempt all the questions in the CLAT legal reasoning section. As for every wrong answer, there is a penalty of ¼ th (0.25) marks. So, it is justified that candidates should attempt the questions that they are self-confident about.
Q) Is it necessary to study all important laws?
A) No, it is unnecessary to study the complete topics but crucial to be familiar with all significant laws and legal maxims. Though, it is not required to remember or be aware of all the laws. This will only confuse the candidate.
Q) Is the marking for Legal Reasoning in CLAT different from that of other sections?
A) No, the marking scheme of CLAT is similar in all the segments of the CLAT exam.
Q) Is the Legal Reasoning section of CLAT timed?
A) No, there is no separate timer set for the CLAT Legal Reasoning segment. Applicants have to perform the intact exam in two hours.
Q) How many Legal Reasoning questions are asked in CLAT?
A) Around 35-39 questions are based on the CLAT Legal Reasoning. This constitutes about 25% of the complete exam.