The CLAT Maths section is designed to test the knowledge of the students. The questions are based on the 10th and 12th standard elementary Maths. To crack CLAT 2025, it is imperative that the applicants score well in the CLAT Maths section. Hereafter, they must understand the consequence of good preparation. This article explains “How to Prepare for CLAT Maths” and all other important information regarding the CLAT math section.
Preparing for the CLAT exam math section signifies that it is imperative to strategize a plan that achieves the best. With decent preparation and technique, applicants can score well in this section of the CLAT. Do practice based on the following points to prepare for the exam-
- Organize a timetable (schedule).
- Practising CLAT Math Mock Tests and previous year question papers,
- Spend money and time on excellent and authentic study material, sample papers, etc.
How To Prepare for CLAT Mathematics 2025
- Students should know about the marking scheme of the exam before beginning preparation.
- Practice with various mock tests and sample papers to self-analyze the preparation for the exam.
- Suppose any student scored less than 100 marks. They should have to improve their accuracy and speed of solving the tests.
- The Elementary Maths section is based on tricks and formulas. Students should by-heart the formula for each topic.
CLAT Maths Syllabus 2025
Candidates should be aware of the CLAT Maths Syllabus before they start practising for the exam. Maths Syllabus of CLAT is divided into five categories-
- Arithmetic- Number System, HCF & LCM, Work & Time, Ratio & Proportion, Simplification, Fractions & Functions, Logarithms & Functions, Average, etc.
- Commercial Mathematics- Percentage, Profit & Loss, Partnership, etc.
- Mensuration- Volume, Circle, Areas, etc.
- Modern Mathematics- Probability, Clocks, and Calendar.
- Data Interpretation- Data Tables, Data Charts, Bar Diagrams, Pie Charts, Data Analysis, Data Comparison, Data based on Caselet, etc.
How to Approach the CLAT Maths Questions 2025
Let’s know How to approach the questions of CLAT Maths from the following points, which help to score well in the exam-
Step 1- Understand Weaknesses and Strengths
- Go through the questions and understand whether it is difficult or easy.
- Choose the section in which you are more strong and more confident. Approach it first and finish that topic.
- Students are suggested to note down and practice those topics after finishing topics they are strong and confident in the weak subjects.
- Suppose the tests are difficult for the students. Do not waste time on solving the Maths section first. Complete the other sections of the exam.
- Instead, try to solve in a time limit of 20 minutes, not more than it. To strategize about solving the paper is very important.
Step 2- Attempt to solve questions by the method of option rejection. This reduces the time taken to complete the entire section.
Step 3- Be calm! CLAT has a long history of introducing unpredictable papers, so it is crucial to be prepared for any sort of questions.
Tips to Prepare for CLAT Maths 2025
- Make points, which helps to read the questions accurately. While reading the question, underline the crucial figures in the question paper to not to miss any essential details.
- Cover all topics as all the topics are uniformly important. Revise the topics wholly for a better understanding of the concepts.
- Be confident and focused. Some so many applicants make silly mistakes even after knowing how to solve the particular equation/ question.
- It is about so the CLAT; time management is of utmost importance because there is limited time for the paper to solve. So, candidates are suggested to solve the questions they are confident about.
- Try to maintain speed and accuracy. If candidates are unsure about an answer, don’t try to guess, as, in this way, candidates may lose a lot of marks as there is a negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- Try to attempt as many CLAT Sample Papers and Mock Tests as possible, as this will enhance confidence.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers to understand the exam’s pattern and level, which helps fetch a decent score.
- Memorize tables up to 20, cubes up to 20, and squares up to 30. Memorizing these is useful in both maths as well as the logical reasoning section.
- Work upon the modifications in the practical mode of formulas. For example, in mensuration, the formulas require to be concerned judiciously to appear at the right result.
- Out of the 20 questions asked in the paper, from which at least ten can be answered in less than one minute. Recognize the first to maximize the score.
- Don’t spend more than 20 minutes on the CLAT Maths section unless candidates have already completed the rest of the exams.
CLAT Maths Preparation Books 2025
A list of the CLAT Maths Preparation Books are mentioned in the following points for the reference of the candidates to prepare and practice for the exam-
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- R.S. Aggarwal
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths- Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- Abhijit Guha
- NCERT 9th, 10th, 12th textbooks.
- Universal’s Guide to CLAT and other Law Entrance Exams.
CLAT Mathematics Preparation FAQs
Q) Can a PCM student give CLAT?
A) Yes, the PCM students can also give the CLAT exam. The reason for this being is that CLAT is an entirely new course, and for that, the student will have to study everything from scratch.
Q) Is their maths in CLAT?
A) CLAT Math section is planned to test the knowledge of the candidate about elementary mathematics, i.e., maths educated up to 10th standard.
Q) Is maths necessary for CLAT?
A) No, mathematics is not required for the CLAT exam. CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. Those candidates who have finished the 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from any recognized board/ university are qualified to attend in CLAT exam.