The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national entrance exam for admission to 22 National Law Universities across the country that offer undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs.
How To Prepare For CLAT PG 2024
The Consortium of National Law Universities, which is made up of representative universities, organizes CLAT.
- Students’ understanding ability will be emphasized in the CLAT PG 2024. It will last 120 minutes and be divided into two parts:
There would be 120 objective-type questions in the first section, each worth one mark. Each incorrect answer will be penalized 0.25 points.
Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Contract Law, Tort Law, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law will all be covered in the paper.
Strategy for CLAT PG Preparation 2024
The CLAT 2024 exam will take place on May 8, 2024. The exam will be administered using pen and paper. Around 70,000 legal students take the national level exam to gain admission to 22 national law universities’ 5-year integrated and 1-year LLM programs, making it one of India’s most difficult law entrance exams. As a result, passing the CLAT exam 2024 necessitates thorough preparation for each section.
Aspirants can boost their chances of getting into the institute of their choice by following the CLAT 2024 section-by-section preparation plan. CLAT PG 2024 applicants can gain expert insights on how to best prepare for different areas of the online-based test thanks to Careers360’s exam preparation guides. Suggested study materials, expert views, and exam preparation tactics are all included in these 2024 exam preparation recommendations.
Read More: CLAT PG Exam Pattern 2024 [Marking Scheme]
CLAT PG 2024 exam date will be announced soon, for admission to the Masters of Law (LLM) program at National Law Universities (NLUs) across India in various specialities. The exam followed a somewhat different pattern than the previous year’s. Previously, there were 12 comprehensions, each with ten questions. This year’s exam, however, included 20 Comprehensions with six questions each. The following is the paper’s bifurcation by subject:
|SUBJECT||NO. OF QUESTIONS|
You will find extracts from fundamental legal sources such as major court decisions in various sectors of law, statutes, and regulations in this section of the PG-CLAT 2024. Each passage will be followed by a set of questions in which you must demonstrate that you understand:
- Ability to read and comprehend the issues raised in the passage, as well as any arguments or points of view presented;
- Knowledge of the concerns raised in the passage, as well as legal issues and facts relating to and resulting from the passage and the decision or statute from which it is derived;
- Write a summary of the passage, and
- Ability to apply what you’ve learned about the legal fields addressed in the passage.
Points to Keep in Mind While Preparing
The CLAT PG format came as a shock and was completely unexpected. CLAT PG 2024 score can be used to get into a variety of National Law Universities as well as to get a job at a variety of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs). Join us in 2024 for our All India LLM Hive Course.
The following guidelines for CLAT PG 2024 should be considered when preparing for CLAT PG 2024:
- DISSECTING THE SYLLABUS: The first and most important step in preparing for any exam is to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus. The CLAT PG syllabus is published on the Consortium’s official website, so candidates taking the 2024 exam should make a list of all the important courses that will be tested.
- A REVIEW OF PRevious YEARS’ PAPER: Because the new pattern is still in its infancy, mastery of the previous year’s question paper is a must. The question pattern, subjects, and issues covered in the previous year’s paper will be outlined.
- BRUSH UP ON YOUR BASICS: All candidates should review their fundamental principles in all topics, including Jurisprudence, Torts, Contracts, Family Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and so on. The need for candidates grasping bare deeds is underlined.
- KEEP UP WITH CURRENT AFFAIRS: Candidates are urged to keep up with all legal events in the country, whether through the delivery of judgments, the passage of legislation, or the amendment of laws, among other things.
- REREAD: No amount of studying will be fruitful unless time is spent revisiting what has already been learned and understood.
- IMPROVE YOUR READING HABIT: Candidates must develop a reading habit to improve their reading speed, as the entire exam pattern is comprehension-based and involves lengthy portions. Mock Exams for Practice All students must take Mock tests whenever they have the opportunity to assess their speed, knowledge, and performance, as well as evaluate and improve their outcomes.
- NOTE-TAKING: Candidates should get into the habit of taking notes on landmark and current decisions, noting down all pertinent information such as the strength of the bench, the laws in question, issues involved, precedents cited, and the court’s decision.
- PRACTICE MOCKS BASED ON THE LATEST PATTERN: Practicing mocks based on the most recent pattern is extremely significant. Mocks give the preparation a much-needed competitive edge. Attempting a mock exam based on the pattern also results in a score, which boosts confidence while also allowing you to visualize the areas of worry.
Read More: Best Books For CLAT PG 2024
If an applicant is discovered to be ineligible for the examination, his or her application can be canceled at any point during the admissions process. Before filling up the application form, applicants must review the CLAT PG 2024 Eligibility Criteria.
- Candidates must hold a three-year LLB degree or a three-year integrated LLB degree from a recognized university, or an equivalent LLB degree.
- Minimum Aggregate: 55% for General, OBC, and SAP, and 50% for SC/ST.
- There is no maximum age limit for taking the CLAT PG 2024 exam.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen, however, NRI students are also eligible to apply.
Check also – CLAT PG Colleges 2024 [Top 10 NLUs In India]
FAQs on How To Prepare For CLAT PG 2024
Q: What kind of questions will be asked in the CLAT PG 2024 Exam?
A: The CLAT PG Question paper shall include both objective and subjective type questions.
Q. What is the CLAT PG Exam 2024 marking scheme?
A. The CLAT PG Exam has a total of 120 questions. 1 mark will be provided for each correct answer, while 0.25 marks will be withheld for each incorrect response.
Q. Is the CLAT exam simple?
A. The CLAT exam is usually moderately difficult, neither too easy nor too demanding. For a thorough grasp of the paper's difficulty level, look at CLAT exam analyses from past years.
Q. During the CLAT exam, which section should I tackle first?
A. In the CLAT, all questions are worth the same amount of points. There is also no sectional weighting. As a result, you can begin with any area, however, it is recommended that you begin with the questions that you are most familiar with.
Q. What should be the right preparation strategy to crack the CLAT English Language section?
A. To crack the English Language section of CLAT 2024, you should be strong in reading comprehension as well as grammar.