IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak hold the IPMAT exam to recruit candidates for the 5-year integrated management training program. Bachelor’s and master’s degrees are available through the Integrated Program in Management. Only two IIMs are currently offering the IPMAT exam for the program. Exams for the course are conducted differently by both institutes.
IIM Indore originally offered IPMAT in 2011 for a five-year Integrated Program in Management (IPM), and IIM Rohtak followed suit in 2019. The entrance exams for IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore are held separately. The Association of MBAs in London has accredited the program (4th and 5th Year).
In this article, we will explore how to prepare for IPMAT, eligibility criteria, and the tips to prepare for IPMAT.
How To Prepare For IPMAT 2022?
Candidates must be putting in a lot of effort to pass this exam, and some may be looking for helpful hints on how to prepare for each section. We have designed IPMAT Preparation Strategy for IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore to equip you with the strategy to prepare for the upcoming IPMAT 2022 to assist you on your path to get admission through the IPMAT Entrance Test in the year 2022. You will easily pass the IPMAT entrance Exam if you stick to the correct strategy till the end.
IPMAT stands for Integrated Program in Management (IPM) Aptitude Test, which is held separately by IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak to select applicants for a 5-year program that grants dual degrees (BBA and MBA) to 12th-grade students. The IPMAT 2022 selection process is based on IPMAT and an interview process. IPMAT has been steadily increasing in popularity over the last few years, increasing competitiveness in this exam category.
How to Prepare for IPMAT: Quantitative Ability Preparation Tips
Quantitative Ability is the most difficult section, and you’ll need a lot of practice to pass it. First and foremost, solidify your understanding of each section’s conceptual information. To solve the problems, you need to be well-versed in math and tricks.
● Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equation, Number Series, Data Sufficiency, Simplification/Approximation, Mensuration, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Time and Work, Mixture problems, Quadratic equation, Pie Chart, Mixed Graph, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Probability, and so on are some of the important topics covered.
● Instead of learning new ideas just before the exam, applicants should review the basic formulae and concepts they are already familiar with.
● The questions will be of a basic kind that may be answered quickly.
The mathematical concepts must be clear, and the calculations must be quick to succeed in this part. Consistent practice will help you attain this.
This section’s primary aim is to assess the candidate’s numerical skills. The mathematics problems would come from the 11th and 12th grades and would include themes like profit and loss, percentages, time, speed, and distance, ratios, algebra, and average, as well as a little matrix and calculus.
It is not necessary to tackle all of the questions, but it is critical to do it correctly. This part is critical to your time management as you tackle the remaining questions.
How to prepare for IPMAT – Verbal Ability Preparation Tips
● Reading the newspaper daily will improve your reading abilities, and sometimes questions about social topics may be included.
● Last, there are some challenging problems where you must discover correct/incorrect words/phrases/answers from the material.
● Its options may look a bit confusing, but once you get acquainted with the concept behind the passage, you will be able to solve it quickly.
● To get the point, carefully read the text.
● To find the error, read the phrase carefully and remember all of the basic grammatical principles.
● Reading the entire text attentively is the first step in answering questions about spotting mistakes. In the majority of situations, the error will be discovered in one sitting.
● Find out the sentences connecting or those which seem to have a connection with other sentences.
● Look up the meanings of the terms and try to make sentences with them. Make it a habit to do so regularly.
● While answering these questions, read the material attentively and then consider the choices.
● You must choose an appropriate connector to join the sentences together so that they form a complete sentence.
● You must choose which statement best explains the idiom’s meaning. You should be well-versed in this subject to be able to answer such queries.
IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak IPMAT Eligibility 2022
IPMAT, or Integrated Programme in Management Aptitude Test, is an entrance exam administered by IIM-Indore to candidates interested in the IPM program. IPM is a five-year integrated program in which a candidate can earn both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree while enrolled in a single IPM program. When you think of a test, the word eligibility comes to mind first. Check best books for IPMAT 2022.
Before applying for the exam, make sure you examine the IPMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 for IIM-Indore and IIM-Rohtak. The most up-to-date information about IPMAT Eligibility, including educational requirements, age limit, and more, may be found below. Candidates applying for IPMAT Indore and IPMAT Rohtak should review the reservation guidelines as well as all other eligibility requirements.
IIM IPM Indore Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates applying for IPMAT 2022 (IIM-Indore) should read the IPMAT IIM-Indore Eligibility Criteria 2022 carefully before proceeding. Examine the educational requirements, as well as the age limit eligibility, relaxation, and other factors. Download IPMAT Syllabus PDF.
Age Limits for IPMAT IIM Indore
Applicants in the general category applying for IPMAT 2022 (IIM-Indore) must have been born on or after August 1, 2002 (SC/ST/PwD candidates have a 5-year age relaxation and must have been born on or after August 1, 1997).
Educational Qualification IPMAT IIM Indore
● In 2020, 2021, or 2022, candidates must have graduated from a recognized school with a class 12th/HSC or equivalent.
● Candidates from the SC/ST/PWD categories are offered a 5% discount and must have obtained at least 55 per cent in the 10th and 12th grades.
● Candidates in the general/NC-OBC/EWS categories must have scored at least 60% in the 10th and 12th grades.
● Candidates who have passed their 10th and/or 12th grades through international boards such as IGCSE and IB (International Baccalaureate) are also eligible to apply.
Regardless of the Board’s Regulation (e.g., best 5/4 topics in ICSE/ISC), the percentage of the candidate for class 10th and 12th would be evaluated based on the aggregate marks of all the subjects that would appear on the mark sheet.
● If the candidate’s mark sheet contains grades rather than marks, the grades will be converted to marks using a mechanism approved by the Board/ Competent Authority.
● Such candidates will be offered a program on a provisional basis if they are chosen. Candidates must appear before the authorities with a regular 10th and 12th-grade mark sheet with the required percentage as stated above at the time of registration. They should also have a migration certificate, as failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their provisional entrance.
● Candidates who passed their 12th-grade exams in the years 2021-22 are also eligible to take this test as long as they meet the qualifying criteria outlined above.
IIM-Indore maintains the right to determine eligibility criteria such as equivalency, percentage marks, and recognition of qualifying examinations, intake, and so forth.
IIM IPM Rohtak Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for the IPMAT Rohtak test are shown below. The eligibility is based on the previous year’s notification; however, this year’s letter may include an update.
Age Limits for IPMAT IIM Rohtak
As of July 31, 2021, the applying candidate must be under the age of 20 years.
Educational Qualification IPMAT IIM Rohtak
● A minimum of 60% in the 10th and 12th grades is necessary for General/EWS/NC-OBC category applicants to be eligible to apply for the IPM program at IIM-Rohtak.
● As of July 31, 2022, the applicant must not be older than 20 years old.
● Candidates who are expected to complete their 12th Standard/ HSC before July 31, 2022, are also eligible to apply, according to the IPMAT 2022 eligibility criteria.
● For SC/ST/PwD (DAP) category applicants, a minimum of 55 per cent in the 10th and 12th grades is necessary to be eligible to apply for the IPM course at IIM-Rohtak.
● After meeting the above-mentioned eligibility conditions, the reservation will be valid according to Government of India (GOI) guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there any negative marking in the IPM Aptitude Test exam?
A: Yes, one mark is deducted for an incorrect answer.
Q: Can I carry a calculator to the IPM Aptitude Test exam center for calculations?
A: No, candidates cannot carry any electronic gadgets such as phones, calculators, etc. to the IPM Aptitude Test examination center.
Q: Can I fill the IPM Aptitude Test application form offline?
A: No, the IPM Aptitude Test application form is available online only on the official website.
Q: How many colleges accept the IPM Aptitude Test score?
A: IPM Aptitude Test exam is a gateway to the BBA course in the prestigious IIM Rohtak.
Q: Can I apply for IPM Aptitude Test more than once a year if in case I miss the first exam?
A: No, IPM Aptitude Test is conducted once a year only.
Q: How much do I need to pay for IPMAT 2022 application form for a single course?
A: Candidates need to pay Rs. 3890 as an application fee.
Q: What is the exam mode of IPM Aptitude Test 2022?
A: IPM Aptitude Test is conducted in the computer-based mode where candidates need to choose the correct options on the computer.