The NMIMS NPAT Exam is a common entrance exam for admission to NMIMS University’s Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Bachelor of Science (Economics), Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Liberal Arts, and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Branding and Advertising programs. The NMIMS NPAT 2023 exam syllabus is available from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
NMIMS NPAT Preparation Tips 2023
The NMIMS NPAT 2023 Syllabus includes topics like logical reasoning and general intelligence, as well as quantitative and numerical ability. The purpose of the NMIMS NPAT Paper 2 is to assess applicants’ spatial aptitude and visualization skills, observation and problem-solving skills, and general awareness and design sensitivity.
- The NMIMS NPAT 2023 event will take place from April 1 to June 10, 2023. Candidates taking the NMIMS NPAT 2023 exam should familiarise themselves with the NMIMS NPAT 2023 syllabus and prepare appropriately. Before going over the NMIMS NPAT Syllabus, it’s crucial to understand the NMIMS NPAT Exam Pattern.
- NMIMS NPAT has two papers: NMIMS NPAT Paper 1 (Common) and NMIMS NPAT Paper 2 (Special) (Design). Each paper is broken into three pieces.
[Download Free NPAT Study Material 2023 by SuperGrads]
How to Study for NMIMS NPAT 2023 Exam
Quantitative and numerical aptitude, reasoning and general intelligence, and English are the three areas of the NPAT paper. To ace the admission exam, you need to be well-versed in all of these disciplines.
The NPAT Exam places a premium on speed. You should also work on expanding your vocabulary and increasing your reading speed without sacrificing accuracy.
Practice is an important element of the NPAT preparation process since it will benefit you in two ways:
- Increasing your speed
- Increasing self-assurance
So, practice more and more questions from previous year’s papers to increase your computation speed.
What are the most important topics to study for the NPAT?
Before you begin your NPAT preparation, make sure you have a thorough understanding of the NPAT Syllabus, as this will help you comprehend the relevant topics from the exam’s perspective. A subject specialist from SuperGrads, Rahul Vaswani, was quoted.
Quantitative & Numerical Ability
- Number System
- Sets and Functions
- Elementary Statistics & Probability
Reasoning & General Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal-logical reasoning
- Data sufficiency
- Numerical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Spatial Reasoning
- Error Recognition
- Applied Grammar
- Contextual Usage
- Sequencing of Ideas
- Reading Comprehension
What is the NPAT Preparation Strategy by Subject?
The NPAT exam is divided into three portions, each of which applies to both engineering and non-engineering degrees. Let us look at how to prepare for these subjects so that we can do better in the upcoming exam, suggested Rahul.
Tips for Quantitative and Numerical Ability on the NPAT
The majority of the questions in this part are on profit and loss, time and work, time, speed, and distance, and simple and compound interest. If you are good at math, you will be able to attempt more problems and do well on the exam.
- The first step is to memorize and review all of the major basic formulas daily.
- To give yourself enough time to revise, try to finish the syllabus one or two weeks before the exam.
- Because the NPAT is a speed-based test, you must solve problems fast and accurately.
- Learn how to solve issues faster by using shortcuts.
- NPAT Sample Papers can help you enhance your time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Also, take practice tests at least once a week to gauge your degree of preparedness.
How To Prepare For NPAT Reasoning and General Intelligence Section?
- This section mostly assesses your ability to think critically and analytically.
- Before drawing any judgments, make sure to thoroughly examine the provided scenario.
- Analyze whether the information provided is sufficient to solve the query in the data sufficiency issue.
- Identify the class and sub-class relationship within a given collection of elements and depict it in diagrams for comprehension in the numerical reasoning portion.
- Data Interpretation is a simple level of question that can be attempted by looking at the accompanying graphs.
- Select a figure from the choices that correspond to the relationship defined by the provided figural pair while solving spatial reasoning problems.
- To find the missing figures, look for patterns in the figures that are prevalent.
NPAT Preparation Tips for English Proficiency
- If you want to do well in this area, make sure you understand the fundamentals of grammar, tenses, prepositions, determiners, and connectivities.
- Read the passage carefully and thoroughly in the Reading Comprehension portion.
- To enhance your grammar and vocabulary, read books, and newspapers, and participate in the Daily English Quiz.
- Take Mock Tests regularly to assess your level of preparation.
How to Answer Reading Comprehension Questions in the NPAT Exam
Para complete questions, para jumbles, summary questions, and strange sentences are common types of reading comprehension questions.
The NPAT exam has a reading comprehension text from which questions will be asked. You should be able to answer these questions with ease if you have a solid command of your reading speed.
- To boost your reading speed, make it a habit to read newspapers, novels, and magazines.
- On pet day, try to answer at least 8-10 para jumble questions.
- It is beneficial to practice writing letters and essays to enhance your grammar skills.
- Solve as many questions from past year’s papers as you can.
How To Prepare for NMIMS NPAT in 10 days?
According to Rahul, the NPAT is not a difficult exam. To pass this entrance exam, all you need is a well-thought-out and persistent preparation method.
Ten days before the exam, try to avoid browsing different websites in search of exam advice. Practice simple phrase-building activities, tenses & use of adjectives, and adverb drills from any grammar book to clear the English section.
The majority of the questions in the Quantitative portion originate from the 9th and 10th-grade curriculum. Analyzing pie charts, graphs, basic measures, and mensuration are just some of the questions that will be asked. So all you have to do now is review your high school arithmetic concepts.
You should take as many NPAT Mock Tests as feasible before taking the reasoning portion. It will not only help you increase your speed and accuracy, but it will also allow you to assess your degree of preparedness.
Make sure to memorize the basic differentiation and trigonometric formulas because these topics will come up in a few questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the steps to passing the NPAT 2023 exam?
A: Following the advice of the experts will undoubtedly assist you in better preparing for the NPAT Exam 2023. Begin your preparation by studying from appropriate books that cover all ideas and topics by the most recent exam pattern, and ensure that you are familiar with the NPAT Exam's comprehensive Paper Pattern and Syllabus before beginning. Taking Mock Tests and NPAT Sample Papers regularly allows you to test your knowledge and enhance your speed and time management. It's critical to cover all of the topics in the syllabus and not skip any. Practising as many previous year question papers as possible is one of the finest ways to improve your grades.
Q: Which books are the best for studying for the NPAT Exam?
A: Some of the top books for studying for the NPAT Exam include the following: Chand R.S.Aggarwal's Quantitative Aptitude, R.S.Aggarwal's A Contemporary Approach to Logical Reasoning, A.K Gupta's Logical and Analytical
Q: How long does it take to prepare for the NPAT Exam?
A: If you study for 4-5 hours per day, it would take you roughly 3-4 months to prepare for the NPAT Exam. The applicants might then begin their revision. Make it a habit to solve the sample paper regularly so that you become perfect, and also to solve at least three question papers per day so that you have time to improve on weak areas or places where you go wrong.
Q: Why is it vital to solve NPAT sample papers?
A: Solving sample papers will assist you in determining the paper's difficulty level and the types of questions that will be asked on the exam. It will also aid in the development of your time management and problem-solving abilities.
Q: What can I do to enhance my time management abilities in preparation for the NPAT exam?
A: The most significant component in passing the NPAT exam is time management. Solve problems from last year's papers and take practice tests every week to enhance your time management abilities.