The officials have released the IBPS PO Exam Date for Prelims and Mains with the IBPS Exam Calendar 2020-21, the exam will be held on 3 October, 4 October, and 10 October 2020. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) expectedly release the IBPS PO Notification 2020 in August 2020.
In this article, we have presented complete information about the exam based on IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 Notification with the details of exam dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, syllabus, exam pattern, vacancy, etc.
IBPS PO Notification 2020
- IBPS PO Notification 2020 is released for the post of Probationary Officer or Management Trainee.
- The exam will be conducted for the public sector banks, namely- Bank of India, Union Bank of India, UCO Bank, Corporation Bank, etc.
- There are three phrases candidates have to clear- Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
- In the article, candidates will get IBPS PO Exam Dates for Prelims, Mains, and Interview Process released officials.
IBPS PO 2020 Important Dates
Have a look at the following table to know the IBPS PO Important Dates and the released date of IBPS PO Notification PDF 2020-
|Event||Important Date (Tentative)|
|Release Date of IBPS PO 2020 Notification||August 2020|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||August 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||August 2020|
|Pre- Exam Training call letters||September 2020|
|Date of Pre-Exam Training (PET) 2020||September 2020|
|Prelims Admit Card||Last Week of September 2020|
|Prelims Exam Date||3, October, 4 October, and 10 October 2020|
|Prelims Exam Result||October-November 2020|
|Mains Admit Card||15 days before the exam|
|Mains Exam Date||28 November 2020|
|Mains Exam Result||December 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Interview||January 2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021
IBPS PO Application Form 2020
Once the IBPS PO Official Notification 2020 will release, the starting date to fill IBPS PO Application Form will also release. Check the below-mentioned details to know the online process and application fee for the exam-
- Go to the official website (ibps.in).
- Click on “Apply for CRM PO/MT 2020”.
- Fill the registration form by giving- Full Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Copy the Captcha given there and click on submit.
- The registration number and password will be transmitted to the given mail id and mobile number.
- Log in again with the provided registration number and passwords.
- Fill the required details asked- Personal information, academic information, scanned picture & signature.
- The Application Fee will be paid by UPI, Mobile Wallets, Debit/ Credit Card.
- Submit the application form and take a print out for future reference.
IBPS PO Application Fee
The IBPS PO Application Fee varies based on the category-
- General/ OBC Categories- INR 600/-
- SC/ST/PWD Categories- INR 100/-
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before applying for the exam, applicants should know the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020. It can be check by the Educational Qualification and Age Limit of the candidates mentioned in the below points-
- Aspirants should have a Graduation Degree from a recognized Institute or Univesity.
- Age Limit-
- Minimum Age limit- 20 years
- Maximum Age limit- 30 years, as on 1 August 2020
IBPS PO Admit Card 2020
The IBPS PO Admit Card 2020 will release 15 days before the exam, expectedly release in the last week of September 2020 as the exam will be scheduled on 3rd, 4th, and 10th October 2020.
- Aspirants will not be allowed in the exam hall without IBPS PO Hall Ticket.
- It is also compulsory to take any identity proof (PAN card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Ration Card, etc.) along with the call letter.
IBPS PO Selection Process 2020
The IBPS PO Selection Process 2020 will be done in the three processes. The details are mentioned in the IBPS PO 2020 Notification PDF also.
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Process
IBPS PO Prelims Pre-Exam Training (PET)
- The participating banks conduct the pre-exam training for the SC/ST/Minor candidates.
- The training will conduct before the Prelims exam.
- Pre-exam training call letters will release a week before the schedule of training.
- Candidates do not have to pay for PET.
- In this training, applicants will be made familiar with the exam pattern and preparation tips.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2020
In the following points, candidates will get the information of the IBPS PO Exam Pattern for the Prelims, Mains, and interview process separately.
For both prelims and mains exam, applicants have to give the penalty of 0.25 (¼) marks from the correct answer. The candidates’ final score will be calculated based on the marks secured in the Mains Exam and Interview Process in the ratio of 4:1.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
- A total of 100 questions will be asked in the prelims exam, which carries one mark each.
- Three sections will be asked- English Langauge, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- Candidates have to complete the exam in the time limit of 60 minutes (1 Hour).
- The medium of the exam will be bilingual, and candidates can see the questions in both Hindi and English Language.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2020
- A total of 150 questions will be asked in the mains exam.
- The questions will be asked from 4 sections, namely- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, English Langauge, and Data Analysis & Interpretation.
- The exam will be of 200 marks. Aspirants have to complete the paper in 3 Hours (180 minutes).
- After the MCQ, candidates have to give the descriptive paper in the English Language. The two questions will be asked- letter writing and essay writing.
- To complete the descriptive paper, aspirants will get a time limit of 30 minutes.
- Twenty-five marks will be allotted for the descriptive paper.
IBPS PO Interview Process 2020
After qualifying the Prelims and Mains Exam, aspirants will be called for the respective participating bank’s interview process. Details related to the date and center for the interview will be given to the applicants by the Admit Card. In the interview process, 100 marks will be allotted.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020
Have a look at the following tables to get an idea about the Syllabus 2020 for Prelims and Mains separately. Also, candidates will get the complete IBPS PO Syllabus in the IBPS PO exam notification 2020.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
Here is the list of few important topics asked in the Prelims Exam. For the complete Prelims syllabus, candidates may take the help of IBPS PO Notification 2020 pdf.
|English Language||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Number System|
|Spotting Errors||Analogy||Data Interpretation (Bar, Table, Line, Caselet)|
|Jumbled Word||Blood Relation||Percentage|
|Idioms and Phrases||Causes and Effects||Simple Interest|
|Cloze Test||Sitting Arrangements||LCM and HCF|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus
However, applicants will get the complete syllabus for Mains in the IBPS PO 2020 official notification. In the below table, we are mentioning a few important topics of all sections asked in the Mains exam-
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning Aptitude||Computer Aptitude||English Language|
|Simplification||Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Internet||Reading Comprehension|
|Average||Current Affairs (Last 6 months)||Syllogism||Memory||Vocabulary|
|Percentage||General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts||Grammar|
|Ratio and Percentage||–||Double Lineup||Computer Abbreviation||Verbal Ability|
|Mensuration||–||Data Sufficiency||Computer Hardware||–|
IBPS PO 2020 Vacancy List
As the IBPS PO Notification 2020 is yet to release. In the following table, we mention the IBPS PO Vacancy of the last year along with the participating banks. Regarding the previous year’s vacancy, candidates can estimate the vacancies will get a release this year.
|Bank of India||583||11||89||158||58||899|
|Union Bank of India||253||159||65||114||53||644|
|Bank of Maharashtra||143||94||35||52||26||350|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||122||79||29||48||22||300|
IBPS PO Exam Center 2020
- The IBPS PO Exam Center will be mentioned in the call letter of the candidates.
- The center is allotted by the IBPS authority preference selected by the aspirants while applying online for the IBPS PO 2020.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2020
The applicants who will apply for the IBPS PO 2020 can see some important IBPS PO Preparation tips in the following points along with the Name of Important Books-
- Firstly, applicants should know the complete syllabus, exam pattern of the exam, and the details mentioned in the IBPS PO Notification.
- Make the proper schedule based on the subjects asked for the paper.
- Take the help of previous year’s question papers for more practice
- Try to solve the IBPS PO Online Mock Test Series, which is readily available on the internet.
- Practicing Sample Papers helps applicants to understand the difficulty level of the exam and the pattern of the questions asked in the paper.
IBPS PO Important Books 2020
Check out the points to know the important books, which help clear the doubt & concept and cover all the topics of each section-
- Arihant Expert – IBPS and SBI Bank PO Solved Papers Pre and Main
- Kiran Prakashan – Banking and Financial Awareness
- M K Panday – Analytical Reasoning
- Rajesh Verma – Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Paperback
- Rani Ahilya – Lucents Computer
IBPS PO Salary 2020
Salary is an important part of every job recruitment. In the IBPS PO Notification PDF, officials also give complete detail about the IBPS PO Salary. The benefit of perks and allowance will be given to the selected candidate. Here are some information related to the pay scale is mentioned in the points-
- INR 23700 – (980 x 7) – 30560 – (1145 x 2) – 32850 – (1310 x 7) – 42020. It means-
- Basic Salary after 7 Years – INR 30,560
- Basic Salary after 7 + 2 Years– INR 32,850
- Basic Salary after 7 + 2 + 7 Years– INR 42,020
- Allowances include- Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowances, House Rent Allowance, Medical Aid, Pension Contribution, etc.
IBPS PO Result 2020
- The IBPS PO Result for each phrase will release separately on the official website.
- Candidates have to qualify the Prelims to appear in the Mains Exam.
- The final merit list will release with state wise and category wise list on the official website in the descending order of the candidates who secured marks in Mains Exam and Interview Process.
- Later, as per the total number of vacancies, the applicants will be called for the test of Medical Fitness.
IBPS PO Cut Off 2020
As the IBPS PO 2020 Notification yet to release, we are providing the IBPS PO Previous Year Prelims Cut Off (Sectional Cut Off) for a reference to make an estimate cut off for the upcoming exam. Have a look at the table below-
|Subjects||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||Total|
|Cut Off Score
|Cut Off Score
IBPS PO FAQ’s
Q) When will IBPS PO Exam be conducted?
A) As per the IBPS PO Calendar released by the IBPS authority, the exam of IBPS PO 2020 will be held on 3rd, 4th, and 10th October 2020. The IBPS PO Notification PDF is expectedly released in the August-October 2020.
Q) What is the selection procedure for IBPS PO?
A) Candidates have to clear the three phrases of the IBPS PO as part of one of the participating banks- Prelims Exams, Mains Exam, and Interview Process. Click Here (Link of IBPS PO Selection Process article) to know the complete selection process of IBPS PO.
Q) Is there any negative marking for IBPS PO?
A) Yes, candidates have to pay the penalty of 0.25 (¼) marks as negative marking for each incorrect answer marked from the correct answer.
Q) Can an Engineering graduate apply for IBPS PO Exam?
A) Yes, the applicant who has any graduation degree from a recognized institute or university is eligible for the IBPS PO Exam.
Q) How many sections in IBPS PO Prelims Exam from questions will be asked?
A) In the Prelims Exam, there are three sections from which questions will be asked, namely- Reasoning Ability, English Language, and Quantitative Aptitude. A total of 100 questions will be asked, which carries one mark each. Aspirants have the time limit of Hour ( Minutes) to complete the Prelims Exam.
Q) Does IBPS release the answer key?
A) No, the officials of IBPS will not release the answer key for ay stage of the exam. Candidates will get selected based on the sectional cutoff released by the authority.
Q) What is the work of PO in the bank?
A) The responsibilities of a Probationary Officer (PO) of a public sector bank is to look after public relations, monitor and regulate branch ventures and responsibilities, address customer related problems and complaints, approving and controlling daily branch and customer activities, etc.
Q) How many questions will be asked in the IBPS Mains Exam?
A) A total of 150 questions will be asked in the IBPS Mains Exam. The exam will be of 200 marks. Applicants have to complete the exam in 3 Hours (180 minutes). Click Here (Link of IBPS PO Exam Pattern) to know complete detail about the IBPS PO Mains Exam.