IPMAT Verbal Ability Tips: When it comes to qualifying for the IPMAT Exam, the verbal ability part is crucial. Most of the students place a low value on English, figuring that you are already proficient and can ace it with minimal practice.
IPM Verbal Ability Tips 2023 [Rohtak, Indore & Jammu]
However, without sufficient preparation, one will not be able to score higher in this section. The following are some of the best preparation suggestions for this area that can be used when studying;
- To begin, do not prepare for the Verbal Ability test in the same way as you would for the Quantitative section.
- Instead, to increase your English language skills, study three new terms every day.
- To improve your time management and speed, answer as many questions as possible from the IPMAT Previous Year Papers.
- It will also give you an idea of the types of questions that will be asked in the verbal ability part.
- Before you answer, make sure to carefully examine the given word or passage.
Important Topics in IPMAT Verbal Ability 2023
According to the IPMAT Syllabus, the main topics to study in this part are listed in the table below. Make sure you plan ahead of time by thoroughly reviewing each topic.
|Vocabulary (including Synonyms & Antonyms)||Reading Comprehension||Grammar|
|Sentence Correction||Sentence Correction||Correct Usage of words and phrases|
|Fill in the Blanks||One Word Substitution||Inference based passages|
|Conjunctions||Tenses||Modifiers & Parallelism|
|Sentence Rearrangement||Verbal Analogies||Prepositions|
Tips for the IPMAT Verbal Ability 2023
Here are some preparation tactics recommended by professionals for the IPMAT Exam’s verbal abilities. Let’s have a look at some of the most important hints for the verbal segment of the IPMAT.
- Organizing your time
We all know that time management is the most important aspect of the IPM exam. Begin by allocating a specific amount of time to each topic.
Make a suitable IPMAT Verbal Ability Study Plan whenever it is convenient for you. Make sure you finish learning the topics in the time provided.
- Understand the Pattern and Syllabus
Before you begin studying, you should review the IPMAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus in depth. Knowing the pattern of the question paper and the marking scheme can help you grasp the pattern of the question paper. You can also learn about the topics that will be covered in each segment.
- Make Short Notes
During your studies, make sure to take notes that incorporate important concepts and basic formulas. These notes will be useful during the revising process.
- Boost Your Speed
One of the most important aspects of the IPMAT exam is speed. As a result, you should improve your vocabulary and reading speed without sacrificing accuracy.
- Investigate Previous Year’s Papers
Solving the question papers will help you understand the types of questions that will be asked in the test, the paper’s difficulty level, and the marking scheme, among other things.
It will also aid in the improvement of your speed and accuracy. As a result, practice as many example papers as possible to ensure an easy exam pass.
- Read the newspaper regularly
You may improve your vocabulary and grammar abilities by reading newspapers and magazines. At least one hour should be spent reading the newspaper.
- Mock Exams for Practice
Mock tests will help you to enhance your time management and problem-solving skills. It will also aid in the development of your self-assurance. Practicing more IPMAT Mock Tests can assist you in rapidly solving the exam’s difficult questions.
It is difficult to recall concepts without review. As a result, you should review all of the topics at least once a week. It will also assist you in focusing more on issues that are challenging for you.
Read More: IPMAT Exam Pattern 2023 [Rohtak Indore]
IPMAT 2023 Verbal Ability Preparation Tips by Topic-wise
Because the verbal ability portion covers a wide range of topics, there are a few pointers for important themes listed below.
These pointers will show you how to swiftly answer IPMAT Verbal Ability Questions on the upcoming exam.
- Determine the tone of the paragraph; this will assist you in answering questions fast.
- Read the question thoroughly to ensure that you understand what you’re looking for.
- It is recommended that you read the opening and last paragraphs twice and carefully.
- Every day, set aside at least 20 minutes to read the newspaper.
One Word Substitutions
- Add up all of the one-word substitutes from the previous year’s exam.
- Every day, try to learn new one-word substitutes and then review them.
- Solving the Daily English Quiz can be beneficial in terms of learning new words.
Fill in the Blanks
- First, try to fill in the missing word without using the paper’s possibilities.
- Then, look over the possibilities and select one from among them.
- Before choosing an option, carefully read the statement.
- If you’re torn between two possibilities, utilize the hit-or-miss method to pick the best one.
Antonyms and Synonyms
- Try to learn at least 10 new words every day, and make a list of the meanings and examples of any words that are unfamiliar or difficult to recall. This is the most effective way to learn about synonyms and antonyms.
- Make sentences with the idioms/phrases you’ve studied; this will help you remember what you’ve learned.
- Prepare a study schedule to allow adequate time to cover all three topics in one day.
Read More: How To Prepare For IPM Interview 2023
IPMAT Verbal Ability Tips FAQs
Q: What are some of the most essential topics in the IPMAT verbal ability section?
A: While studying for verbal ability, you should concentrate on the following topics: Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, synonyms and Antonyms, Sentence Correction & Para Jumbles
Q: What are some helpful hints for the IPMAT verbal ability section?
A: By following the techniques and tricks described below, you can ace the verbal abilities portion and get a high score: ● Make an effort to create a study plan and follow it to the letter. ● Solve prior year's papers to get a sense of the difficulty level and types of questions that were asked. ● Mock tests can be used to assess your degree of preparedness.
Q: Is it true that solving sample papers will help me perform well in the IPMAT verbal ability section?
A: Solving sample papers will assist you in determining the paper's difficulty level and the types of questions that will be asked on the exam. It will also aid in the development of your time management and problem-solving abilities. This will assist you in getting good grades on the exam.
Q: What are the best books to study for the IPMAT verbal ability section?
A: You can refer to a variety of books for verbal ability, but the following books are highly suggested for IPMAT Verbal Ability: ●Norman Lewis's Word Power Made Simple ●Wren and Martin discuss English grammar and composition.
Q: What topics are covered in the IPMAT Verbal Ability section?
A: There are 40 questions in the IPM Verbal Ability portion, each worth four points. For attempting the entire section, 45 minutes of sectional time is allotted. The following are some of the most popular and often asked questions in this section: ●Vocabulary (including Synonyms & Antonyms) ●Reading Comprehension ●Grammar ●Sentence Rearrangement ●Sentence Correction ●Sentence Completion ●Correct Usage of words and phrases ●Verbal Analogies