A safe and comfortable tenure is provided by passing the Judicial Services Examination. Additionally, it offers the chosen applicants a chance to serve their country. Every year, between 50,000 and 60,000 people apply to take the Judicial Services Examination.
A candidate has two options for preparing for the Judicial Services Examination: they can either use a self-study approach or enlist the help of a coaching facility.
While a solid understanding of the bare Act is still the primary focus for the preliminary exam, conceptual clarity on the many legal ideas is required for the main examination. The focus should be on various key legal concepts as outlined by the IPC, CPC, CRPC, and Evidence Act when it comes to the interview, in addition to having a thorough understanding of current events and a basic understanding of general knowledge.
Judiciary Services are chosen at two levels, Lower Judiciary Services and Higher Judiciary Services when Qualification is taken into consideration. The Eligibility Criteria must be read by applicants to determine their eligibility before completing the application forms.
The online application forms may only be filled out by eligible candidates. Age, prerequisite education, nationality, number of attempts, and experience are among the criteria for the Jharkhand Judiciary exam eligibility. Both have unique eligibility requirements, which are covered in this article.
Jharkhand Judiciary Recruitment 2023 Highlights
To select candidates for the position of Civil Judge Junior Division, the Jharkhand High Court – Ranchi will hold the Jharkhand Judicial Exam 2023. The official website will have all the information about hiring for the Jharkhand judiciary. A Jharkhand judicial services announcement posted on the official website by the High Court will also include all of these specifics.
|Exam||Jharkhand Judicial Exam|
|Conducting Body||Jharkhand High Court|
|Posts Offered||Civil Judge|
|Salary||Rs.27,700 to Rs.44,770 per month|
|Exam Stages||Prelims, Mains, Interview|
Read More: Jharkhand Judiciary Syllabus 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Jharkhand Judiciary Exam 2023
Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements to sit for the Jharkhand judiciary exam. The details for each of the Criteria are listed below.
The following educational requirements are listed in the Jharkhand Judicial Exam Eligibility Criteria and must be met by applicants for the position of Jharkhand Judicial Exam:
- The applicant must have graduated with a law degree from an accredited university.
- Additionally, the Candidates may hold a post-graduate law degree. This will help the candidate in the selection process for the final merit list because, in the event of a tie in the candidates’ marks, the candidate with the higher degree will be taken into account and included in the Merit List.
- Up until the deadline for submitting the application form, the candidate must be registered as an attorney under the Advocates Act of 1961.
A candidate must be between the ages of 22 and 35 to qualify for the Jharkhand Judicial Examination. The commission does, however, grant various categories with age exemptions.
It should be noted, though, that only Jharkhand residents are eligible for age-related relaxations. Any other person from a state other than Jharkhand shall be regarded as falling under the general or unreserved category. The age limit for different categories is given in the table below.
|Category||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|General/Unreserved||22 years||35 years|
|Female Candidates||22 years||38 years|
|Scheduled Caste||22 years||38 years|
|Scheduled Tribe||22 years||38 years|
|Person with Disabilities(PwD)||22 years||45 years|
According to the Jharkhand Judicial Exam Eligibility Criteria, applicants for the Jharkhand Judicial Service Exam must be Indian citizens. The Candidates must be registered to vote in each Indian state. If the candidate has a passport, it ought to be an Indian passport.
Jharkhand Judiciary Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria – Important Points
Before applying for the position, candidates may refer to the Jharkhand Judicial Exam’s notification, which includes the eligibility requirements. Before completing the application for the Jharkhand Judicial Exam recruitment, an applicant needs to keep a few things in mind. The following are these:
- The Jharkhand Judicial Exam recruitment exam requires that all applicants meet the eligibility requirements. The requirements must be met to take the Exam, and those who do not will be denied admission.
- The age range for the unreserved category of the Jharkhand Judiciary exam is 22–35 years. Candidates who are female, SC, or ST, however, receive a three-year age relaxation. For candidates with disabilities, there is a 10-year age relaxation as well.
- It should be noted that the applicants must be morally upright and in good physical and mental health. Additionally, candidates cannot have any connection to any criminal offence involving moral turpitude.
Check Also: Jharkhand Judiciary Exam Cut Off 2023
Jharkhand Judiciary Service Exam Pattern 2023
Candidates will be chosen for the Jharkhand judiciary recruitment based on a written exam. The preliminary exam and main exam are the two sections of this exam. A personal interview or a personality test makes up the exam’s final component.
Detailed information regarding the Jharkhand Civil Judge Recruitment’s Judicial Exam Pattern is provided below:
- A written exam with multiple-choice or objective questions makes up the preliminary entrance test.
- 100 points total are required to pass the preliminary exam.
- 2 hours are allotted for the preliminary entrance exam.
- Only those applicants who pass the preliminary exam will be permitted to take the main exam.
- Jharkhand Civil Judge Recruitment’s primary examination is an opinion-based test. The interview and viva tests are only open to candidates who pass the main examination.
- A total of 400 points are available in the four papers that make up the Mains exam.
- During the viva voce test, the examiners will only speak orally.
Three parts make up the competitive examination for the Junior Division Civil Judge position on the Jharkhand High Court. To be chosen for the position, candidates must be eligible for each of these phases. A written examination with multiple choice questions of the objective kind will be part of the preliminary entrance test. Candidates who pass this examination will be qualified to take the main exam. The Main Examination is a written, subjective test that follows. Candidates who are judged successful in this test are eligible for the Viva-Voce Test. This is followed by a Viva-Voce Test, which serves as a personal interview or oral examination for the final selection.
Check Also: Jharkhand Judiciary Admit Card 2023
Jharkhand Judiciary Eligibility Criteria(FAQs):
Q: Is there a relaxation of the Jharkhand Judiciary Eligibility Criteria's age requirements for female candidates?
A: Yes, there is a 3-year age relaxation for female candidates who are taking the Jharkhand Judiciary Exam.
Q: What qualifications in terms of schooling are needed to apply for the Jharkhand Judiciary Service exam?
A: Before the deadline for form submission, the Candidates must have earned a law degree from an accredited university and be registered as advocates under the Indian Advocates Act of 1961.
Q: Do all Indian candidates who are in the reserved category qualify for the age reductions in the Jharkhand Judiciary exam?
A: Only those who reside in the state of Jharkhand are eligible for the age reductions given to female, SC, ST, and PwD candidates. As per the JPSC Civil Judge Eligibility Criteria, candidates from other States who identify as female, SC, ST, or PwD will be treated as belonging to the general category.
Q:How much does it cost to apply for the Jharkhand Judiciary exam?
A: Depending on the category you choose, different amounts are required to apply for the Jharkhand Judiciary Service Examination. The application fee is 600 INR if you are a candidate in the general category. The application fee for candidates who fall under the reserved categories is 150 INR, though. You have two options for paying the fee: online banking or debit cards.
Q: Who administers the Jharkhand Judicial Services?
A: The Jharkhand Judicial Services Exam is administered by the Jharkhand High Court.