Karnataka Judiciary Syllabus 2021: Every year High Court of Karnataka conducts recruitment for the post of Judiciary vacancies. This year also, Karnataka High Court released a Karnataka judiciary notification for the 33 judiciary vacancies and the preliminary exam will be conducted on 09th January 2021. The selection process includes a preliminary exam, Mains Exam, and Interview. For the preparation of the exam, you should know Karnataka Judiciary Syllabus & Exam pattern that is given below.
Karnataka Judiciary Exam Syllabus 2021
- The selection comprises of three stages i.e 1.Prelims Exam, 2. Mains Exam 3. Voice Voice.
- The First Stage of the prelims exam will be conducted for a total of 100 marks and it has three sections.
- Candidates who qualified in the preliminary exam will have to attend the mains exam will be conducted the exam in 4 papers of 100 marks each. Check Karnataka Civil Judge Salary.
- While preparation makes sure that you have collected the Karnataka Judiciary Previous year question papers to know the structure and difficulty of the question paper.
- After the mains exam, you need to attend the viva voice test for 50 marks. Candidates will be shortlisted only on the marks secured in the mains exam and voice.
- The Final provisional list is prepared on taking the aggregate marks secured in the mains exam and viva voice.
Karnataka Judiciary Syllabus (Prelims & Mains)
Ths Syllabus for the Karnataka Judiciary exam plays a crucial role in the preparation of the exam. We have given the syllabus for both the Preliminary exam and mains exam below in a tabular form.
Karnataka Judiciary Prelims Syllabus 2021
The below tabular indicates the syllabus for the Karnataka Judiciary Preliminary exam.
|Part A||Code of Civil Procedure, 1908|
|Negotiable Instruments Act, 1981|
|Transfer of Property Act, 1882|
|Indian Contract Act, 1872|
|Specific Relief Act, 1963|
|Karnataka Rent Act, 1999|
|Part B||Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973|
|Indian Penal Code, 1860|
|Indian Evidence Act, 1872|
|Part C||General Knowledge – Test of reasoning and mental ability|
|Indian Politics & Civics|
|Famous Books & Authors|
|Famous Places in India|
|Artists, Literature, Inventions, and Discoveries|
|History, Geography, Biology|
|Famous Dates and Days, Countries and Capitals|
|General Science, Sports, and Tourism|
Karnataka Judiciary Mains Exam Syllabus 2021
The below table mentions the syllabus for the Karnataka Judiciary Mains exam. We have given the Karnataka Judiciary Syllabus for the Mains exam section wise.
|Translation Paper||There will be one translation paper and candidates have to translate passages in English to Kannada and Kannada into English. Passages will be from Depositions, Judgments, Documents.|
|Law Paper – I||The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908; The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; The Indian Evidence Act, 1872; Principles of Pleading and the Constitution of India.|
|Law Paper-II||Framing of Issues and writing of Judgments in Civil Cases.|
|Law Paper – III||Framing of Charges and writing of Judgments in Criminal cases.|
Karnataka Judiciary Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
- The Karnataka Judiciary Prelims Exam will be conducted for 100 marks. Each Question carries one mark. Download Karnataka Judiciary Admit Card.
- The Total Duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- The Questions will be from the Civil Law, Criminal Law, General Knowledge (Test of Reasoning and Mental Ability)
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Time Duration|
|Part A – Civil Law||100||100||2 Hours|
|Part B – Criminal Law|
|Part C – General Knowledge – Reasoning/ Mental Ability|
Karnataka Judiciary Mains Exam Pattern 2021
- The mains examination will be conducted in two papers.
- Each paper comprises of 150 Questions. One paper in Civil Law & another paper in Criminal Law will be conducted.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to answer at least one of the paper in the English language and in so far as the other paper is concerned, it shall be optional for the candidates to answer the same either in English or in Kannada in which event the said paper shall be answered entirely in the language in which option is exercised.
Viva Voice (Interview)
- The Viva Voice will be conducted for 50 marks.
- The candidates will be tested on the areas of General Knowledge, grasp of principles of law.
Note: Candidates have to secure a minimum of 60% marks in the preliminary examination for qualifying for the exam and Candidates belonging to SC & ST have to score a minimum of 50% marks.
Karnataka Judiciary Preparation Tips 2021
The scoring of marks in the exam depends on the candidates. To score good marks you need to lot of preparation. Each candidate prepares themselves in their own methods. We have also given some tips and suggestions below that will help you in preparation for the exam.
- Collect the good study materials, previous year question papers, and books before starting the preparation of the exam.
- According to your availability of time, grasping power make a schedule timetable plan till the Karnataka Judiciary Exam date.
- Go according to your plan, complete the topics, syllabus on the scheduled date and time without postponing.
- Make sure that you have Karnataka Judiciary Syllabus Pdf while preparing for the exam.
- The Questions in the preliminary exam and mains are based on the law section and current judgments. So, study each topic thoroughly without skipping it. The Questions will be indirect and you must complete topics going deeply by referring to some of the best popular books available in the market.
- Attempting mock tests are necessary after completion of each topic to gain confidence and also feels like you are giving the original exam. So, give mock tests as many as possible.
- Solve the previous year question paper. By doing this, you will get to know the structure and difficulty level of the question paper.
Best Books for Karnataka Judiciary Exam 2021
Below we have given the books for preparation for the exam. These books are recommended by the toppers and industry experts and cover all the Karnataka Judiciary syllabus.
|Madras High Court. M.Arulselvem, Revised by A.Aravindan, Advocate||CIVIL JUDGE 2018 in ENGLISH-
Preliminary Exam Guide
|Singhal||District / Civil Judge Exam Guide –
Singhal’s SOLVED PAPERS /
Very Latest 14th Edition
|Professional||Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
with State & High Court Amendments
with Letters Patent (Deluxe)
|Singhal||Multiple Choice Questions for
JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION (VOLUME 1)
|Singhal||Multiple Choice Questions for
JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION (VOLUME 3)
|Bhumika Jain, Pawan Kumar||Singhal’s JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION –
UNSOLVED MAINS (All States) Papers
Karnataka Judicial Services Syllabus FAQs
Q) What are the stages Included in the Karnataka Judiciary Selection Process?
A) Three stages are conducted for selecting the candidates i.e 1.Preliminary Exam 2.Mains Exam and Interview.
Q) What is the eligibility required to apply for the Karnataka Judiciary Exam?
A) Candidates must possess a Bachelor's of Degree In Law from a recognized university and have served as an advocate insubordinate and District Judge Courts.
Q) For how many Marks Karnataka Judiciary Preliminary is conducted?
A) The Karnataka Judiciary Exam will be conducted for 100 marks.
Q) For how many Karnataka Judiciary Mains exam is conducted?
A) The Karnataka Judiciary Civil Judge Mains exam will be conducted for a total of 300 marks.