The High court of Karnataka, the Bangalore High court conducts the Karnataka Judiciary Exam to select the appropriate candidates for the posts of civil judges. The candidates have to qualify three stages of the Karnatak judiciary recruitment process namely, pre, main, and interview. Only qualified candidates will be eligible for the posts of the civil judges in the various subordinate courts of Karnataka.
Karnataka Judiciary Recruitment 2022-23
The Karnataka Judiciary Notification is released by Karnataka High Court for recruiting 53 Civil Judges in 2022. The application process of the exam is online. The candidates have to visit the official website for applying for the examination.
Karnataka Judiciary Important Dates 2022
|Release of Karnataka Judiciary notification||To be announced|
|Start date of application form||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|Re-start of application form||To be announced|
|Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2022 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
Karnataka Judiciary Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates can find the minimum educational qualification and age limit for Civil Judge mentioned below:
- Candidates should have a degree in law and must be an advocate.
- The SC or ST applicants must be of 38 years of age (as on the last date to submit the application form).
- For the unreserved candidates, the age limit is 35 years of age.
- Candidates who belong to the ex-servicemen category will get 03 years of age relaxation.
Karnataka Judiciary Recruitment Recruitment of In-service Candidates
- The candidates should have a degree in law awarded by a recognized University in India.
- The SC or ST candidates should be of 43 years.
- The unreserved candidates should be at the age of 40 years.
- The candidates with the necessary qualification and working in the High court and in District Judiciary are eligible to apply for the Karnataka Judiciary Exam.
- The candidates working in the Department of Prosecutions and government litigation as assistant public prosecutors cum additional government pleaders are eligible for the application.
Karnataka Judiciary Selection Process 2022
The selection process is done by direct recruitment. The Karnataka Judiciary Selection Process is completely based on the aggregate marks secured in the competitive examination. There are three stages in the selection process:
Preliminary Exam: The preliminary exam is the screening test that helps to shortlist the candidates for the main examination. Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks in the exam will be eligible for the mains exam.
Mains Exam: Marks secured by the candidate in the mains exam and interview rounds can calculate the candidate’s overall result.
Interview Round: The interview process is conducted to evaluate the candidate’s general knowledge, principles of law, and suitability of the appointment for the post. The civil judge interview is of 25 marks.
Computer Test: The computer test helps to evaluate the candidate’s knowledge of computers. Marks obtained by the candidate in the computer test will not be considered for the final result preparation. This test will be of 25 marks.
Once the candidate is qualified in all the rounds, he/she should submit the necessary documents for verification. The documents required are:
- 10th certificate as the date of birth proof
- ID proof
- Marks cards of degree
- Law degree
- Convocation certificate
- Caste certificate
- Certificate if claiming of reservation benefits
Karnataka Judiciary Vacancies List 2022
This year there are 53 vacancies in the Karanataka Judiciary Recruitment process.
Karnataka Judiciary Salary & Allowances Details
The salary of a Civil Judge at Karnataka High court ranges between Rs 27,700 – Rs 44,700 per month. Apart from this salary, the candidate’s in-hand salary includes various perks and allowances like
- Dearness allowance
- Travel Allowances
- Rent Allowance
Karnataka Judiciary Application Form 2022
The candidates can fill the application form through the online process. The step-by-step process involves:
- The candidate should visit the official website of Karnataka High Court i.e., kar.nic.in
- On the homepage, the candidate will find the Notifications tab, then the candidate can select Recruitment.
- Then, he/she should click on the link “Notification No. CJR 1/2020 for direct recruitment of 53 Posts of Civil Judges”.
- Now, the candidate can click on the link “To Apply Online Application –Click here–“.
- A new page appears, wherein the candidate can click on the “Online Application” Button.
- Now, the candidate should select Civil Judge in the drop-down.
- Then, he/she should enter all the personal details correctly i.e., Candidate Name, Father Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Category, Marital Status, Citizenship, etc.
- The candidate should enter the right details. Next, the candidate should enter all the Educational Qualification details.
- Finally, the candidate should enter Law Graduation Information and Practice Information.
- Candidates upload the passport size photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Now, the candidates can select Passport Size Photo from the Dropdown list.
- Then, he/she should click on “Choose File” to select the file and upload the Photograph.
- Now, the candidate should select “Applicant Signature” from the Dropdown list.
- Later, he/she should click on “Choose File” to select the file and click on the upload button.
- Finally, the candidate should check the box after uploading the documents and submit the form.
Karnataka Judiciary Exam Application Fees
The application fee for General Category/ Category IIA/ IIB/ IIIA/ IIIB is Rs.500/-. Whereas, the application fee for SC/ST/Category-I is Rs.250/-.
Once the candidate submits the form, an application number will be generated. The candidate should take a printout of this form and make the payment. The candidates can pay the application fees through online or offline process.
Karnataka Judiciary Exam Pattern 2022
The Karnataka Judiciary exam will be conducted in two phases such as prelims & mains respectively.
Karnataka Judiciary Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
Maximum Marks: 100 marks
Type of questions: Objective type questions
Number of sections/Parts: 03 parts
|Code of Civil Procedure, 1908|
|Negotiable Instruments Act, 1981|
|Transfer of Property Act, 1882|
|Part A||Indian Contract Act, 1872|
|Specific Relief Act, 1963|
|Karnataka Rent Act, 1999|
|Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973|
|Part B||Indian Penal Code, 1860|
|Indian Evidence Act, 1872|
|Part C||General Knowledge – Test of reasoning and mental ability|
Karnataka Judiciary Mains Exam Pattern 2022
Mode of examination: Written examination
Maximum Marks: 400 marks (100 marks for each topic)
|Translation Paper||100 marks|
|Law Paper I||100 marks|
|Law Paper-II||100 marks|
|Law Paper III||100 marks|
Karnataka Judiciary Exam Admit Card 2022
After the completion of the application process for Karnataka High Court Civil Judge, the Karnataka Judiciary Admit Card will be released online. The candidate can visit the official site to download the karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. Karnataka High court will release the hall ticket through the login process. So, it is advised that the candidate should remember their application number and date of birth ready to log in. The exam center, exam date, timing for the examination are the details on the admit card.
Karnataka Judiciary Exam Result 2022
The Karnataka High Court Civil Judge result is available online. The candidates can check their results by visiting the karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. The Karnataka Judiciary Result will be declared in the PDF format. The details on the result will be the candidate’s name, register number, and the category.
Karnataka Judiciary Exam Cut Off Marks 2022
The Karnataka Judiciary Cut Off marks are calculated based on the number of candidates attended for the exam and the category of the candidate.
Karnataka Judiciary FAQs
Q). What are the vacancies in the Karnataka Judiciary Exam?
A). In Karnataka Judiciary Exam there are a total of 53 vacancies.
Q). What is the in-hand salary of the Karnataka Judiciary Exam?
A). The candidates will receive in-hand salary ranges between Rs 27,700 - Rs 44,700 per month.
Q). What are the stages involved in the Karnataka Judiciary Exam?
A). There are three stages involved in the Karnataka Judiciary Exam which are Prelims, Mains and Interview process.
Q). Who announces the Karnataka High Court District Judge Selection List?
A). The Karnataka High Court higher authority announces the Karnataka High Court District Judge Selection List.
Q). Will the marks of the computer test be considered in the final selection?
A). No, the computer test marks will not be considered in the final selection of the candidates.