Railway Recruitment Board has notified the RRB NTPC for the different posts like Senior Time Keeper, Goods Guard, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Station Master, Commercial Apprentice, etc. all over the nation in various zones. In the article, we provide the complete details about RRB NTPC 2020 Notification, Exam Dates, Vacancies, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
RRB NTPC 2020 Notification
- As per RRB NTPC 2020-21 notification, the candidates who have completed their minimum educational qualification of 12th (+2) or its equivalent are eligible to apply for the exam.
- It is an excellent opportunity with 35K+ RRB NTPC Vacancy for the candidates who want to join government jobs like the railway.
- RRB NTPC latest notification 2020 will be released soon once the RRB NTPC Prelims Exam will be conducted.
- We will update the RRB NTPC Admit Card once it gets published on the official website.
RRB NTPC Notification 2020 Overview
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Name of the Exam||RRB NTPC|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Total Number of Vacancy||35000+|
|Educational Qualification||12th (+2)/ Any Graduate|
|Age Limit||18-30 years|
|Link for Official Notification||Click Here|
|Online Application Status Link||Click Here|
|Link to Download Admit Card||Click Here
RRB NTPC 2020 Exam Dates
The RRB ntpc exam date 2020 notification will be released with the hall ticket of the RRB NTPC as the RRB authority cannot decide the Exam Conducting Agency (ECA), which can conduct the RRBs exam.
Due to the country’s current situation, the discussion on deciding ECA has been postponed. It is supposed that the RRB NTPC Exam Date Notification 2020 will be released at the end of the year 2020.
RRB NTPC Important Dates
Check the list of important dates associated with the exam, which has been released along with the RRB NTPC Exam Notification 2020. Have a look at the following table to know the important dates of the NTPC exam-
|RRB NTPC Notification Release Date||28th February 2019|
|Start Date To Apply Online for RRB NTPC||01st March 2019|
|Last Date To Apply Online||31st March 2019|
|Closing Date & Time for Payment of Application Fee||05.04.2019 at 23.59 hrs|
|Final submission of Application Form||12.04.2019 at 23.59 hrs.|
|RRB NTPC Stage-1 Admit Card||4 day before the exam|
|RRB NTPC Prelims Exam Dates||End of the Year 2020 (tentatively)
RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria 2020
The RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria is divided into Educational Qualification and Age Limit of the candidates.
- The minimum age to apply for the RRB NTPC is 18 Years.
- For the candidates applying for the graduation level post, the upper age limit is 33 years.
- The RRB gives the age relaxation to the particular category of the candidates with the railway norms.
RRB NTPC Post Names List 2020
In the following point, aspirants who want to apply for the RRB NTPC 2020 will get the name of the posts given in the RRB NTPC Latest Notification 2020 for both Under Graduation and Graduation.
Have a look at the post for the candidates who will apply for the Under Graduation post of the RRB NTPC entitled in the RRB NTPC 2020 Notification.
|Junior Clerk cum Typist|
|Accounts Clerk cum Typist|
|Junior Time Keeper|
|Commercial cum Ticket Clerk|
We have mentioned the table below for the aspirants who want to apply for the Graduation Posts given in the RRB NTPC 2020-21 Notification-
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist|
|Junior Account Assistant cum Typist|
|Senior Time Keeper|
RRB NTPC Vacancy 2020
It is expected to release more than 38000 vacancies this year for NTPC. Candidates can check the segregation of the RRB NTPC Vacancy for the graduate candidates for the previous year for an idea-
|Name of the post||Level in 7th CPC||Initial pay (Rs.)||Medical Standard||Total Vacancies (All RRBs)|
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||5||29200||B-2||5638|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist||5||29200||C-2||2854|
|Junior Account Assistant cum Typist||5||29200||C-2||3147|
|Senior Time Keeper||5||29200||C-2||6|
RRB NTPC Application Form 2020
The RRB NTPC notification 2020 release with the RRB NTPC Recruitment 2020 Notification. Candidates will get the application form details. Check the below points to apply for RRB NTPC-
- Visit the official website of the railway.
- Click on the RRB NTPC Notification 2020.
- Fill the required details (Name, Email Id, Mobile Number) asked for registration.
- Type Captcha and submit it.
The registration number and password will be forwarded to the candidate’s given email id and mobile number.
- Log in with the registration number and password.
- Fill the details like Personal Information, Academic Details, Scanned signature and latest picture of the aspirant, etc.
- After filling all the details, the payment page will appear.
- Pay for Application Fee via Debit/ Credit Card, Mobile Wallet, UPI, or Bank Challan.
- Click on Submit Application and take a print out for future reference.
RRB NTPC Application Fee
The RRB NTPC Application Fee varies from a different category, mentioned in the below table-
|General & OBC Candidates||INR 500/-|
|Economically Backward classes having an annual family income of less than Rs 50,000||No Fee
RRB NTPC Admit Card 2020
It is mandatory to take the RRB NTPC Admit Card to the exam hall and the valid identity proof (Pan Card, Aadhar Card). Otherwise, candidates are not allowed to give the exam.
- The Hall Ticket consists of personal details, exam venue, exam date, exam time, general instructions, etc.
- The NTPC admit card will be accessible on the official website of the railway.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern 2020
As per the RRB NTPC Latest Notification 2020, candidates have to clear both Prelims and Mains to appear in the Interview Process. We have mentioned the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern 2020 for both prelims and mains in the following table.
|Time Duration||90 Minutes (1 Hour 30 Minutes)||90 Minutes (1 Hour 30 Minutes)|
|Sections||Arithmetic Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Science||Reasoning, Arithmetic Ability, General Awareness, and General Science|
|Negative Marking||⅓ Marks for each wrong answer||⅓ Marks for each wrong answer|
|Total Questions||100 Questions||120 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Carries one mark for each correct answer||Carries one mark for each correct answer|
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020
In the following points, we have mentioned the overview of the RRB NTPC Syllabus from the RRB NTPC Exam 2020 Notification with the highlighted topics from the most of the questions asked in the previous year’s exams.
- Quantitative Aptitude- Data Interpretation, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Quadratic Equation.
- General Awareness- Current Affairs of the last six months (National, International, Sports, Science, etc.).
- Reasoning Ability- Puzzles, Blood Relation, Direction, Syllogism, Visual Reasoning.
- General Science- Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Environmental Studies, Biology.
RRB NTPC Exam Centers 2020
As per RRB NTPC New Notification 2020, the NTPC will conduct in various cities of various states and union territories in the nation. Applicants will get the option to choose five priority-wise options to select an RRB NTPC Exam Center. Aspirants will get a chance to change-
- Exam Date and Time
- Edit and Modify the Call Letter
- Change Exam Center
RRB NTPC Salary 2020
The salary is a vital part of every exam, the candidates who want to apply for the exam are eager to know the salary.
- The post of Station Master and Commercial Apprentice of NTPC is the highest-paid job among other vacancies.
- There are various perks and allowances for the candidates who will get selected for the NTPC.
- The minimum salary starts from INR 19900 to INR 35400 based on the applicants’ designation. Also, there are several Grade Pay based on the classification.
List of various perks and allowances for all RRB NTPC Graduate and Undergraduate posts are labeled below:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Benefits
RRB NTPC Selection Process 2020
Applicants have to clear two main stages- Prelims and Mains, the complete details will be mentioned in the RRB NTPC 2020 Notification. Check the RRB NTPC selections process in the below points-
- Prelims (Computer Based Test 1)
- Mains (Computer Based Test 2)
- Typing Skills Test/ Computer Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/ Medical Exam
RRB NTPC Result
The RRB NTPC Result will be released 15 days after the exam for each stage of the exam separately.
- The result for NTPC is released on the official website of each zone separately.
- It will release in two forms- Merit List and Scorecard
- Applicants will check the merit list on the official website in the form of a PDF.
- To check the result, applicants have to go to the official website of the Railway.
- Give the required credentials (Registration Number/ Roll Number and Date of Birth/ Password) to get the NTPC result.
RRB NTPC Cut Off
The aspirants can check the RRB NTPC Cut Off, which will be released after 15 days of the exam and the cutoff. Check out the Previous Year Cut Off in the following table for a reference –
|Zone||General||OBC||SC||ST||Number of Candidates Shortlisted
For 2nd Stage CBT (Approx. 15 Times)
RRB NTPC Preparation Strategy 2020
The RRB NTPC 2020 Notification will not provide the strategy to clear the exam. Have a look at the following points to know the RRB NTPC Preparation Tips and Techniques to qualify the RRB NTPC.
- Applicants are suggested to take the RRB NTPC Previous Year’s Sample Papers daily. The sample papers will be easily available on the internet.
- There are several RRB NTPC Mock Test series available online from various coaching and institutes for free.
- These Mock test Series will help aspirants to understand the types of questions asked in the exam.
- Regular practice is necessary that creates accuracy in solving the questions in the exam.
- Continuous practice helps to score high in the exam.
- Read newspapers daily for the latest news and reports that help for the General Awareness section of the exam.
RRB NTPC Notification FAQs
Q) When will the RRB NTPC 2020 CBT Stage 1 exam be conducted?
A) The RRB NTPC 2020 CBY Stage 1 will be expectedly conducted at the end of the year. Due to the current circumstances going in the country, the officials are unable to decide the Exam Conducting Agency (ECA), which will conduct the RRBs. Click Here (Link of RRB NTPC Exam Date) to know all the RRB NTPC Important Dates.
Q) What is RRB NTPC?
A) It is the competitive exam conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) for the posts in Non- Technical posts. The full form of the NTPC is Non-Technical Popular Categories. The RRB NTPC 2020 Notification is released for both Undergraduate and Graduate candidates. Click Here (Link for RRB NTPC Notification) to know complete details about the NTPC mentioned in the official notification.
Q) When can I download the e-call letter for the RRB NTPC exam?
A) Applicants can download the RRB NTPC Admit Card four days before the official website exam. The officials will release a zone-wise e-call letter for the candidates. Click Here (Link of RRB NTPC Admit Card) to know the other important information related to the Hall Ticket.
Q) What are the minimum educational qualifications required for NTPC 2019-20?
A) The candidates should complete their +2 (12th) to apply for the undergraduate posts. The Graduation Degree from any approved institute or university for the aspirants who want to apply for the graduate level posts.The academic qualification and other eligibility criteria are mentioned in the RRB NTPC Notification 2020 for each post. Click Here (Link of RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria) to know the complete eligibility criteria to apply for the RRB NTPC.
Q) What are the selection process for the RRB NTPC 2020?
A) To be a part of RRB NTPC candidates have to qualify four stages, namely- Computer Based Test Stage 1 (CBT 1), Computer Based Test Stage 2 (CBT 2), Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable) & Document Verification/ Medical Examination. Click Here (Link for RRB NTPC Selection Process) to know the detailed selection procedure that helps applicants clear the exam.
Q) Does RRB have negative marking in CBT stage 1 and 2?
A) Yes, candidates have to give the penalty of ⅓ as negative marking for each incorrect answer marked. The negative marking is applicable in both CBT Stage 1 and Stage 2.
Q) What is the salary for RRB NTPC Jobs?
A) The minimum salary starts from INR 19900 to INR 35400 based on the applicants' designation. Also, there are several Grade Pay based on the classification. The selected applicants will also get various perks and allowances like- Dearness allowance, Medical Benefits, Pension Scheme, etc.
Q) Can 12th pass apply for RRB NTPC?
A) Yes, 12th pass candidates can apply for the RRB NTPC. There are five posts for the Undergraduate applicants, namely- Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trains Clerk, and Commercial cum Ticket Clerk.