UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has declared the notification for the appointment of a civil judge. Candidates who meet with the mentioned qualification can apply for the civil judge vacancies. The application has started in September and ends in the month of October. After applying for the UP Judiciary exam know the UP Judiciary Syllabus and exam pattern here.
UP Judiciary board has released notification against for 333 civil judge vacancies. To get this job, you have to clear prelims, Mains, and interviews. The prelims questions paper has multiple-choice questions. To qualify in the prelims exam, you need to score above the cut-off. In this article, we have given the UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021 pdf, download it and prepare for the upcoming judiciary exams.
UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021 Overview
|Organization Name||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||UP PCS Judicial Service Civil Judge (JD) Exam|
|Name of the Post||Civil Judge (Junior Division)|
|Total No.of Posts||333|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
UP Judiciary Exam Pattern 2021
We have given the UP Judiciary exam pattern for prelims and mains exam. The UP Judiciary Syllabus & exam pattern helps the applicants to know the structure of the exam. Before starting the preparation for the UP Judiciary exam know the structure and exam pattern that helps to fetch good marks in the exam.
UP Judiciary Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
- UP Judiciary Exam will be conducted in two papers i.e Paper I & Paper-II.
- Paper I comprises of General Knowledge questions and will be conducted for 150 marks in a duration of 2 hours
- Paper-II comprises of Law questions that will be conducted for 300 marks in the duration of 2 hours.
- The UP Judiciary Prelims Questions comprises of Multiple choice questions.
|Paper-1: General Knowledge||150||2 hours|
|Paper-2: Law||300||2 hours|
UP Judiciary Mains Exam Pattern 2021
- After the preparation of the prelims exam then go for the mains syllabus. We have given the UP Judiciary Mains Exam pattern here in a tabular form below.
- The UP Judiciary Mains Exam comprises of five papers.
- Each paper comprises of 200 marks and the time given to complete each paper is 3 hours.
- Those who qualified in the prelims exam only are given the chance to attend the mains exam.
|Paper||Marks||Duration of the Exam||Marks|
|I||General Knowledge||3 HOURS||200|
|III||Law – I (Substantive Law)||3 HOURS||200|
|IV||Law – II (Procedure and Evidence)||3 HOURS||200|
|V||Law – III (Penal, Revenue, and Local Laws)||3 HOURS||200|
UP Judicial Services Syllabus 2021
Below we have given UP Judiciary Syllabus for both prelims and mains exam
UP Judiciary Prelims Syllabus 2021
We have covered all the UPPSC Judicial Syllabus here for both the prelims and mains exam. Candidates can refer the UP Judicial Civil Judge Syllabus for the preparation of the exam.
Paper I: LAW
|Contract||Criminal Procedure Code||Civil Procedure Code|
|Indian Penal Code||Indian Evidence Act||Transfer of Property Act|
|Indian Constitution||Current International Affairs||International Organisations|
Paper-II: General Knowledge
|Information Technology||Space||Science and Technology|
|Internation Organisations||International Affairs||Indian Economics|
|India and World||Current national Affairs||Indian Politics|
|Indian Geography||Indian History||Indian Culture|
UP Judiciary Mains Syllabus 2021
Candidates who are qualified in the prelims exam will have to prepare for the mains exams. The UP Judiciary Mains Syllabus and the important topics are given below.
Paper I: General Knowledge
|Indian History||Indian Culture||Indian Geography|
|Indian Polity||Current National Issues||Social Relevance Topics|
|Indian and the world||Economy of India||International affairs and Institutions|
|Development in the field of Science and Technology||Communication and Space|
Aspirants have to undergo for Paper-II exam in the mains exam in order to crack the exam. Mainly the paper II has tested the candidates in both Hindi and English language. Below we were given the procedure and also each topic comprises questions and marks.
This paper will be conducted for a total of 200 marks. Candidates have to score good marks to get above the cut off marks.
- Essay to be written in English – 60 marks
- English Préci writing – 60 marks
- Translation of passage from Hindi to English – 40 marks
- Translation of Passage from English to Hindi – 40 marks
Paper-3: Law-I (Substantive Law)
The law of contracts, the law of Partnership, the law concerning easements and torts, the Law relating to the transfer of property including the principles of equity, specifically applicable thereto, the principal of Equity with special reference to the Law of trust and specific relief, Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law, and Constitutional Law.
Note: There shall be questions of 50 marks in relation to Constitutional Law alone.
Paper-4: Law-II (Procedure and Evidence)
The law of evidence, the Criminal Procedure Code, and the Code of Civil Procedure, including the principles of pleading. The question set will relate mainly to practical matters such as the framing of charges and issues, the methods of dealing with the evidence of witnesses, the writing of judgment, and the conduct of cases generally but will not be restricted to them.
Paper-5: Law-III (Penal, Revenue, and Local Laws)
Indian Penal Code, the Uttar Pradesh Zamindari Abolition and Land reforms Act 1951, Uttar Pradesh, Urban Buildings (Regulation of Letting, Rent, and Eviction) Act, 1972, Uttar Pradesh Municipalities Act, U.P. Panchayat Raj Act, U.P. Consolidation of Holding Act, 1953, Uttar Pradesh Urban (Planning and Development) Act 1973, together with rules framed under the aforesaid Acts.
Candidates who are qualified in both prelims and mains exam will be called for interview. Candidates will be selected in the interview on the basis of behavior, personality, nature of answering the questions. The authorities have a right to call the candidates on the basis of merit only i.e the marks obtained in the prelims and mains exam. The marks obtained in both prelims and mains will be taken both in aggregate only.
Candidates have an option to choose the language to answer the questions in Hindi or English in the prelims and mains.
UP PCS J Syllabus 2021 Pdf
The officials are ready to conduct the written exam for the aspirant candidates who are applied. So, that’s the reason the authorities have published the UP PCS J Syllabus 2021 pdf on the main site. Applied candidates who are eager to write the exam have to know the complete UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021 and exam pattern. Candidates can download the UP PCS J Syllabus on this site.
Without hesitating Download UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021 from this page and start the preparation without delay. The downloadable links are given here. Click on it and download the judiciary syllabus in pdf format.
UP Judiciary Preparation Tips 2021
Candidates who are preparing for the UP Judiciary Exam will have to make the time table to cover the utmost syllabus before the UP Judiciary Exam Date. Below we have given the preparation tips that will be helpful for you to complete the UP Judiciary Syllabus within the time.
- First Know the complete structure of the UP PCS J Syllabus and Exam pattern before starting preparation for the exam. By doing this, you will get a complete picture of the exam the questions are asked
- Research the best and popular books on the internet or ask your teachers/friends for the preparation of the exam.
- Get study materials and previous year’s question papers after knowing the UPPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2021.
- Have a time table with you that covers all the syllabus and topics for each day and month.
- First, cover the syllabus that is tough and then go for easy topics. Keep in mind that if you do not understand the topics don’t stick to them skip to the next topics.
- In Free time you can cover the uncovered topics with the aid of teachers, friends, and coaching centers.
- To get grip on the UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021, solve the previous year’s UP Judiciary Question papers. This will helpful for you to know the difficulty level of the question paper and also you will get to know the weaker topics in the syllabus
- Complete the previous year’s question papers as many as possible in the given preparation time. After solving all the previous year’s question papers, check all the answers to all the questions.
- Mock tests help the candidates to know the difficulty level of the exam, so attend mock tests regularly. You can attend mock tests online or offline. So many portals are offering free mock tests online. You can choose any one of them that feels better for you.
- Note down the points in the notebook regularly and it will be very easy for you to prepare instantly at the last moment of the exam.
UP Judiciary Preparation Books 2021
Candidates are busy in search of books for the preparation of the UP Judiciary Exam and also they are in confuse to know which books are good to choose for the preparation. For them, we have given in detail below.
|Manorama||Manorama Year Book 2017||This book has good topics like awards, books, Sports, History, Literature, Environment, Medicine, Science,|
|LexisNexis||Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand Judicial Services (Preliminary Examination) – The complete preparation Manual||This book is recommended for all the aspirants and it has the latest topics and syllabus|
|Universal Law Publishing Co||Guide to Up Judicial Service||This is a popular book that has all topics including general knowledge and Law and also the book is divided into two parts.|
UP Judiciary Syllabus FAQs
Q) Is the interview compulsory to consider in the selection process?
A) Yes, it is mandatory for the candidates to attend the interview process after qualifying in the mains exam.
Q) When will be the UP Judiciary Exam conducted?
A) The UP Judicial Prelims exam will be conducted in the first week of December.
Q) How many stages I have to qualify in the UP Judiciary Service Exam 2021?
A) Candidates have to attend the Prelims exam, Mains Exam, and Interview in the selection process.
Q) How many total marks are allotted for the conduction of the UP Judiciary exam?
A) The UP Judiciary Prelims Exam will be conducted for 450 marks and Mains Exam will be conducted for 1000 marks.
Q)How many papers are allotted for UP Judiciary Prelims and Mains Exam 2021?
A) The prelims exam will be conducted for 2 papers and the mains exam will be conducted for 5 papers.