The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) released the Uttarakhand Judiciary Syllabus for prelims and mains exam. There are important topics in the Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam syllabus that requires more attention. The candidates will be shortlisted based on their prelims exam, mains exam, and the interview round.
Uttarakhand Judiciary Syllabus 2021
This article contains the Uttarakhand Judicial Service Exam Pattern and the syllabus for Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam.
Uttarakhand Judiciary Prelims Syllabus 2021
The Uttarakhand Judiciary Pre syllabus consists of two parts. Part-I is of 50 marks and Part-II is of 150 marks. The prelims exam consists of objective type questions. Also, check judiciary exam preparation tips.
Paper – I (General Knowledge)
The questions in this section are from the day to day happenings around India and the world. Specifically in the legal areas such as:
- International Law
- Recent Legislation pronouncement particularly the Indian Constitution
- Legal aspects
- Law & Development
This paper covers the following acts and laws:
- Transfer of Properties Act
- Principle of Hindu Laws and Principle of Muslim Laws
- Evidence Act
- Code of Criminal Procedure
- Indian Penal Code
- Civil Procedure Code
Uttarakhand Judiciary Mains Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for the Uttarakhand Judiciary mains exam consists of the following subjects and number of marks:
- The Present Day – 150 marks
- Language – 100 marks
- Law: Paper I – Substantive Law – 200 marks
- Law: Paper-II – Evidence & Procedure – 200 marks
- Law: Paper III – Revenue & Criminal – 200 marks
- For Basic Knowledge of computer Operation Practical Examination – 100 marks
The Present Day
This subject will evaluate the candidate’s knowledge of daily happenings in India and the world. It is related to the legal areas and his/her ability to express in English will be evaluated. The questions have to be answered in essay form and the questions will appear from topics related to jurisprudence, neutrality, international law, recent legislation, Indian Constitutional law, and developments. The marks will be given based on substance and expression. Also, marks will be deducted for bad expression, consisting of improper use of grammar, words, etc.
- This subject consists of a passage in English and the candidate should translate it into an ordinary language spoken in courts, using the Devnagri Script – 30 Marks
- Similarly, a passage in Hindi should be translated into ordinary English language – 30 Marks
- English Precis writing – 40 Marks
Law: Paper I – Substantive Law
The questions in this section will appear from:
- The Law of Contracts
- The Law of Partnership
- The Law Concerning casements and torts
- The Law relating to the transfer of property, including the principles of equity especially applicable thereto, the principles of equity, with special reference to the Law of Trust and specific relief
- Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law
Law: Paper-II – Evidence and Procedure
This section covers the Law of Evidence, The Criminal Procedure Code and Code of Civil Procedure, including the principles of pleading. The questions will be related to practical matters like the framing of charges and issues the methods of dealing with the evidence of the witness, the writing of judgment, and the conduct of cases generally but will not be restricted to them.
Law: Paper III – Revenue & Criminal
- Revenue & Criminal – U.P. Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act (as applicable in Uttarakhand)
- Indian Penal Code
For Basic Knowledge of computer Operation Practical Examination
- Microsoft Windows Operating system and Microsoft Office (Maximum Marks – 100; Minimum Qualifying Marks to be obtained – 40; Time allowed: One Hour).
The paper will be set from the given syllabus taking one question each from
(1) Windows and the internet
(2) M.S. – word
(3) M.S. – Access
(4) M.S. – Excel
(5) M.S. – PowerPoint
Each question will have five actions to be performed by the candidate on the system. Each question carries four marks. The printout of the output will be taken and passed on for evaluation.
Uttarakhand Interview Process
- Those candidates who have scored 35% marks in each of the law papers and 40% aggregate marks will be eligible for the interview.
- For those candidates belonging to scheduled caste and scheduled tribes will have a relaxation of 5%.
- Only those candidates who have scored 25% marks in the interview will be selected.
- The questions asked in the interview will be general and not related to academic or legal. The candidate will also be evaluated based on their knowledge of current affairs and present-day problems.
Uttarakhand Judiciary Syllabus FAQs
Q). Is the Uttarakhand Judiciary Syllabus 2021 PDF Download available?
A). Yes, the Uttarakhand Judicial Services Exam syllabus is available for download.
Q). What is the Uttarakhand Judiciary Syllabus for Preliminary Exam?
A). The Uttarakhand judiciary pre syllabus consists of two parts of 50 marks and 150 marks respectively.
Q). What are the language skills required in the Uttarakhand Judiciary Syllabus 2021?
A). The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of Hindi in Devnagri script.
Q). What is the age limit to appear for the Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam?
A). The candidate should be of the age of less than or equal to 35 years.
Q). Who conducts the Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam?
A). The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) conducts the Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam.