What is SET Entrance Exam: Symbiosis International (Deemed University) administers the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for admission to Symbiosis institutes. The SET exam is required for undergraduate admission to management, law, engineering, economics, mass communication, computer science, and liberal arts programs. The SET 2023 application form, admit card, and results will be available exclusively online; no offline applications will be accepted.
What Is SET Entrance Exam 2023?
Symbiosis International University will be the host of SET 2023. The SET 2023 examination is scheduled to be performed in a computer-based test mode, although the examination may change depending on the current COVID-19 scenario. Candidates must fill out an online application form to be considered for the exam.
On June 22, 2023, the SET 2023 admit cards will be distributed. Previously, the deadline for applications was June 8, 2023. The SET schedule has been updated, and the SET 2023 exam will take place on July 3, 2023. The SET 2023 mock test was held on May 10, 2023, for students who had completed their registrations by midnight on May 8, 2023. The exam dates were adjusted to avoid the SET exam clashing with another important All India Exam.
SET Registration Process 2023
Candidates must fill out the SET 2023 Application Form online. On the official website, the forms will be available. The following are the actions you must do to properly register for SET 2023:
Step 1: Fill out the online application form. Register on the website and make a payment using one of the offered payment methods.
Step 2: Log in to your student portal and download the appropriate admit card in PDF format when it becomes available.
Step 3: Attend SET 2023, which will be held entirely online. Bring a photocopy of your identification, a pen, and your SET Admit Card.
Step 4: Check the merit list and SET Exam Cut off on the official website when the results are announced.
Step 5: If you are shortlisted, the university will invite you to participate in the PI and WAT rounds. The WAT will last 20-30 minutes on a rough surface.
SET Entrance Test Eligibility Criteria 2023
B.Tech: Candidates who wish to sit for the Symbiosis Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam must have completed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board with a minimum of 45 percent (40 percent for SC/ST). Candidates can also apply using their JEE Mains or Advance Scores.
BA/BBA.LLB: Must have passed the 12th grade from a recognized board with a minimum of 45 percent.
BCA/BCS: A minimum of 50% in the 12th grade or equivalent from a recognized board (45 percent for reserved category candidates)
B.Sc. : 12th-grade diploma certificate or equivalent
Bachelors in Designing: Bachelor’s degrees in design is available in various fields. To be considered for SEED, you must be a resident of the United States (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design). After completing a 10+2 or a three-year diploma degree, the candidate should apply.
Bachelor’s degrees from SIHS and SCON branches are not subject to the SET Exam percentile requirement for admission.
Note: Admission to any of the eight Symbiosis branches in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Karnataka is strictly based on merit lists published on the official Symbiosis website via SET 2023 and WAT-PI (Written Ability Test and Personal Interview). Due to the widespread use of the Covid-10 Pandemic Safety Guidelines, there will be no Group Discussion Round.
Here are a few more details about SET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- You must carry a certificate given by a Medical Supervisor/Civil Surgeon of a Civil Hospital as a POI if one of your parents works in the PwD sector (Public Works Department) (Proof of Identity)
- To be considered for admission under the Disability Category, you must have an authenticated certificate from the Symbiosis Centre of Health Care in Pune. To be eligible for the certificate, the individual must be disabled by at least 40%.
- If the seats earmarked for SC/ST applicants are not filled, the institute authorities, with the agreement of the Vice-Chancellor, may award them to general deserving students who are on the waitlist.
- Any foreign national/overseas citizen/person of Indian origin who has valid residence proofs/passport/OCI Card/Permanent Residence Certificate is eligible to apply for the test. To be qualified for the exam as an NRI, you must have completed 12th grade from an Indian Board of Education authorized school or college.
SET Exam Pattern 2023
- There are no points deducted for incorrect responses.
- There are no optional sections.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||12||12|
SET Admission Procedure 2023
The process of selecting the most suited student from among all candidates is known as the selection, and it differs for different colleges and tests. Students are chosen for a given course based on a variety of selection factors.
- Indian Students: Candidates for BBA are chosen based on their performance in the test and PI-WAT.
- International Students: All international students are admitted through Symbiosis International University’s International Office (SCIE)
The SET selection process is based on two factors:
- Results of the admission exam
- Written Ability Test and Personal Interview Results
SET Exam Syllabus 2023
Aspirants can check the detailed SET entrance test syllabus 2023 subject-wise.
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Grammar – Prepositions, Articles
- Contextual Vocabulary
Quantitative Ability section:
- Profit & Loss
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Number System
- Permutation & Combination
General Awareness and Business Awareness:
- Companies and founders
- Books and authors
- Arrangement – Seating/Circular
- Blood Relationship
- Venn Diagram
SET Entrance Test FAQs
Q: When will the Symbiosis SET entrance exam be held in the year 2023?
A: On Sunday, July 3, 2023, from 11.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m., the SET admission exam will be held.
Q: What should I do to prepare for the SET exam in 2023?
A: Students must be familiar with the syllabus to prepare for the SET exam. They need to practice mock tests and sample papers regularly. With hard work and determination, one can achieve excellent results on the exam.
Q: Is the SET an online or offline test?
A: This year's SET exam will be administered using computer-based testing. Because of the COVID-19 epidemic last year, the exam was conducted in an internet-based examination mode.
Q: Will there be a GD/PI round for admission to SIU institutes, or will the SET exam result be the only criterion for acceptance?
A: Yes, after the SET results are out, the seven SIU institutes that accept SET scores for admission will conduct a PI round. The counselling schedule will be posted on each institute's official website. The WAT round was held on the SET exam day in 2021. For the WAT, candidates were allotted 30 minutes.
Q: Is it possible to pay the SET application cost by check or money order?