As an educational stream, Commerce is defined as a study of business and trades activities like- Exchanging services and goods to the customer from the producer/ manufacturer. Students will get the option to choose the subject after class 10th. In Commerce, there are three main subjects taught, namely- Accountancy, Economics, and Business Studies. In this article, aspirants will get the answer to the question- “Why Commerce After 10th?”.
Why Commerce After 10th?
- There is a wide range of career options for the students who chose Commerce Stream, and it will give a sense of financial assurance and make them successful.
- Commerce Stream is easy for those students who can play with the big numbers and data and have an underlying understanding of finance and economics.
- Learners have to be familiar with the relevant subjects and topics like- Bookkeeping, Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies, etc.
Subjects of Commerce Stream After 10th
The Commerce Students have four significant subjects for both 11th and 12th standards:
- English Language
- Business Studies/ Organisation of Commerce
- Information Practices
Have a look at the following points for complete information of each major topics of Commerce Stream-
In this section, students need to answer the questions from the stories of textbooks, which include both fiction and non-fictions lessons. Moreover, the basics of letter writing, essays, note-making, article writing, etc., need to know to work in the office later on.
The subject of business studies applied in the whole life introduced the concept of marketing, organizational management, finance, and business world.
The study’s main sections in the subject include business associations, various characteristics, structure, functioning, operations management, marketing, human resource management, etc.
Accountancy is a part of mathematical science regarded with financial knowledge about a business entity to users such as shareholders and administrators. Principles of Accounts are applied to business enterprises in three categories of practical art: accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing.
Economics is a social science that compromises the study of the production, dissemination, and consumption of goods and services. Economics has two broad classifications- microeconomics and macroeconomics.
Microeconomics- where the unit of analysis is the individual agent, such as a firm or household
Macroeconomics- where the unit of analysis is a marketplace as a whole.
Commerce Courses After 10th
After choosing the commerce stream as the main subject to study in the 11th and 12th standards. After this, candidates need to choose Professional Courses after passing the 12th standard board exam.
Some significant areas are available in front of the Commerce stream students- Traditional Commerce courses, Law Education, Architecture, Social Works courses, Management courses, Diploma courses, etc. Check out the list of the courses that help commerce students to choose a course for further studies-
Here we have mentioned the after 12th traditional courses for Commerce Stream in the following points-
- Bachelor’s of Commerce (B.Com)
- Chartered Accountancy
- Bachelor’s Course in Economics
- Company Secretaryship Course
- BA Course
- BFA Course
After completing the 12th standard, the students are eligible for the LAW Integrated Course five years Law Course. List of some Integrated Law courses for Commerce student is-
- Com. + LL.B
- BBA + LL.B
- BA + LL.B
Here is the list of the courses comes under the Management Course in Commerce Stream after the 12th board exam-
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies)
- Integrated BBA + MBA program (5 years duration)
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- Retail Management (Diploma)
Previously, the students of Commerce Students were not allowed to do the Technical Course. But now, some of the technical courses have been made possible for the Commerce Students. There are two top courses for the commerce students, but, it required mathematics subject as well-
- Bachelor’s in Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor’s in Architecture (BA)
If any of the commerce stream candidates designing course, so here is the list of designing courses for the commerce students-
- Bachelor of Interior Designing
- Bachelor of Design (Accessory)
- Bachelor of Design (Leather)
- Bachelor of Textile Design
- Bachelor of Product Design
- Furniture and Interior Design course
Physical Education Course
The list of physical education course for the students who have an interest in the physical activities-
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Diploma in Yoga Education
The students who want to pursue fashion designing after the 12th board exam, here are the list of the Fashion Courses-
- Bachelor of Fashion Design and Technology
- Bachelor of Fashion Communication
Other Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma Courses
Here is the list we mentioned the other Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma Course from other streams as well-
- Bachelor’s in Social Work
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Animation and Multimedia
- Performing Arts
- Language Courses (Foreign Languages are promising)
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Education Technology
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Air Hostess/Cabin Crew training course
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Film making and Video Editing
Vocational Training Courses
Look at the following points for students who are interested in the Vocational Training Courses
- Skill Diploma programs
- Domain Skilling programs
The learners who want to go in the teaching line, we have mentioned for them as well in the following points-
- El.Ed. (Bachelor of Elementary Education, four years long course)
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.)
- Primary Teachers Training course (B.Ed.)
Benefits of Choosing Commerce
Here is the answer to the question of Why Commerce After 10th? Have a look at the following points to know the benefits of choosing the commerce stream after the 10th board exam.
- The career with the Commerce Stream has a lot of challenges and practical facts.
- Some of the students opt for the subject of Commerce because they want to do the business and follow the strategies to become successful businessmen.
- MBA and Chartered Accountants are the most respectable career option of the Commerce Stream.
- It is indirectly and directly linked with the business and distribution aspects that help create surplus commodities.
Salary Details of Commerce Background Jobs
The B.com graduate candidates will get a handsome salary package after graduation. Nevertheless, the salary of the candidates based on the department. The pay is based on the nature of the organization and the designation of the candidate.
For freshers, the range of the salary is between INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per month. Have a look at the following points, which describes the top highest paying jobs for the students of Commerce-
|INR 6-7 lac per annum
|INR 26 lac per annum
|Chartered Financial Analyst
|INR 12 lac per annum
|Certified Public Accountant
|INR 7-9 lac per annum
|INR 10-14 lac per annum
|INR 4 lac per annum
|INR 6-7 lac per annum
|INR 5 lac per annum
|INR 6-7 lac per annum
|Personal Financial Advisor
|INR 5 lac per annum
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Why Commerce After 10th?
Q) Which job has the highest salary in commerce?
A) The students who have chosen the Commerce Stream as a career should know the job with the highest salary in commerce. The post of Investment Banker pay is the highest salary of 26 lac per annum, followed by the Chartered Accountant with a 6-7 lac per annum salary.
Q) What jobs can you get after studying commerce?
A) After studying commerce, jobs like Chartered Accountant, Investment Banker, Company Secretary, Retail Manager, Actuary, etc., are the nation's top and highest-paid jobs. Click Here (Link of Why Commerce After 10th?) to know all the details and job profiles after studying commerce.
Q) Is commerce a good career?
A) The stream of commerce is the students' popular choice after qualifying the 10th board exams. If the student is a genius in playing with the numbers, interested in economics & finance, having good analyzing skills, and the good at dealing the large chunks of data have a good career in the Commerce Stream.
Q) What are the subjects in commerce after the 10th?
A) There are three major subjects in the commerce stream after 10th- Accountancy, Business Studies, and Economics. Apart from these three significant subjects, there are other subjects as well to study, namely- Organisation of Commerce, Mathematics, Information Practices, Statistics, and the English Language.
Q) What is The Best Course in Commerce After the 10th?
A) It depends on the student's interest in choosing the course in commerce after the 10th exam. Every course has its own uniqueness of features and future scopes. So, it is important to choose a career based on the interest of the student.
Q) What are the uses of commerce?
A) It is important for the student who wants to establish their career to start a business. As studying commerce is an integral part of the business. It is all based on the customer's need, which contributes to linking with certain products and services.
Q) What skills should a commerce student have?
A) The basic skills a commerce student should have are the application of knowledge, which implies the acquired knowledge and understanding of many chunk data. Self-confidence, Deep Observation, Analyzing Data, Thinking Skills, Self Awareness & Evaluation, and Public Relations.
Q) What are the benefits of taking commerce?
A) The benefits of choosing commerce are that the student will complete business and economics. Also, candidates can look for a job of Accountant or pursue the course like- CA, CS, ICWA, etc.There are so many options for the commerce students to choose to graduate based on their interests like- Designing Course, Technical Course, Law Course, Management Course, Fashion Course, etc.