Punjab High Court conducts Punjab Judiciary Exam every year for the post of Civil Judge. The official notification of PPSC is yet to be released. Candidates can start pre-preparing for the exam with the help of the Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus PDF. In this article, get the detailed Punjab Judiciary Syllabus for all the stages (Prelims, Mains, and Vice-Voce) of the exam. Also, there is a PDF attached for each level separately with this article for the syllabus. Check the best books for judiciary exams.
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus 2021
- The candidates selected in the PCS will get the pay scale of INR 27,700- 44,770.
- To go forward with the Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus, candidates must go through the Punjab Judiciary Exam Pattern to understand the marking scheme.
- There are multiple-choice questions in the Prelims Exam, and the Mains Exam consists of descriptive paper.
- Punjab Judiciary Selection Process consists of three levels- Prelims Exam, Mains Exam, and Vice-Voce (Interview). Check upcoming judiciary exams 2021.
Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus 2021 Overview
|Name of the Organization||Punjab Public Services Commission (PPSC)|
|Name of the Post||Civil Judge (Junior Division) Cum Judicial Magistrate|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, & Vice-Voce|
|Job Location||Patiala, Punjab|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Salary||INR 27,700- 44,770|
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus 2021
As we mentioned above in the PPSC exam pattern that the Prelims Exam is Objective Type (MCQ), and the Mains Exam is a Written Test (Descriptive Type). Here in the following points and table, applicants can check the topic-wise Punjab PCS Judiciary Syllabus, and for each section the complete Punjab Judiciary Exam 2021 Syllabus PDF link separately.
Punjab Judiciary Prelims Syllabus 2021
As there are five-sections (Main Subject of Law, Current Affairs, Indian Legal & Constitutional History and Governance, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning) from which multiple-choice questions will be asked in the exam from the Syllabus for PCS Judiciary Punjab. Check the Punjab Judiciary Preliminary Syllabus in the following table for each section separately. Also, check how to prepare for judiciary exams.
Punjab PCS Judiciary Syllabus for Law
We have mentioned all the topics for the main subject of the Law in the following points. Also, candidates can download the Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus PDF and save it for future reference to get an offline syllabus.
- International Law and Municipal Law
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea, and outer space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- Law in Changing Society
- Contemporary Issues and Prospects
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations
- Company and Financial Market Regulation I
- Law Relating to Prevention and Punishment for Corruption
- Comparative Constitution
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Here are the topics of the quantitative aptitude section of the Prelims Exam in the following table. This table covers each topic from which questions will be asked in the exam.
|Problems on Train||Odd Man Out||Simple Interest||Compound Interest||Quadratic Equation|
|Problems on Numbers||Mixtures and Allegations||Percentage||Races and Games||Profit and Loss|
|Pipes and Cisterns||Ratio and Proportion||Number and Ages||Time and Work Partnership||Boat and Stream|
|Permutation and Combination||Time and Distance||Indices and Surds||Averages||Geometry and Mensurations|
|Volumes||Simple Equations||Probability||Areas||Simplification and Approximation|
|Problems of LCM and HCF||Logarithms||Progressions||Data Sufficiency||Pipe and Cisterns
PCS Judiciary Syllabus Punjab for Reasoning
In the following table, there is a detailed reasoning syllabus for the Punjab Judiciary Exam. It helps candidates know the topics from which questions will be asked in the exam’s reasoning section.
|Number Series||Classification||Blood Relation||Coding-Decoding||Analogies|
|Statements and Assumptions||Binary Logic||Clocks & Calendars||Cubes & Dice||Letter Series|
|Seating Arrangement||Venn Diagrams||Problem Solving||Coded Inequalities||Puzzles and Syllogisms|
|Inferences||Situation Reaction Test||Decision Making||Symbols and Notations||Assertion and Reason|
|Direction Sense Test||Verification of Truth of the Statement||Logical Sequence Of Words||Double Lineup||Logical Deductions|
|Evaluating Course of Action||Statements and Conclusions||Mathematical and Computer Operations||Critical Reasoning||Routes & Networks|
|Grouping & Selections||Mirror Image||Grouping Identical Figures||Figure Matrix Questions||NonVerbal Series
Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus for Current Affairs
Look at the table to know the topics of the current affairs asked in the exam. Candidates are suggested to prepare for this section of the exam by reading daily newspapers and magazines.
|Inventions and Discoveries||Sports and General||Indian History||Indian Parliament|
|Important Days & Dates||Important Books & Authors||Indian Politics||Education|
|Government Schemes||Current Events||Rivers, Lakes, and Seas||Famous Places in India|
|Tourism||Countries, Capitals, and Currencies||Artists||Obituary|
|Banking||Science and Technology||Environment||Economy|
|Awards||International Affairs||Current Ministers & Governors||Business|
|Indian Financial System||Festivity||Summits & Conferences||Abbreviations and Economic Terminologies
Punjab Judiciary Mains Syllabus 2021
In the Mains Exam Level of the Punjab Judiciary Exam, there are also five-sections (Civil Law I, Civil Law-II, Criminal Law, English Language, and Punjabi Language). Here in the following tables and points, we are mentioning the detailed Punjab Judiciary Mains Syllabus that helps prepare the candidate who successfully qualified for the Prelims Exam.
Civil Law I Syllabus for PCS Judiciary Punjab
Go through the table to know the Civil Law I syllabus for the PPSC. Candidates are suggested to get the basic knowledge about the Laws mentioned in the following points.
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- Punjab Courts Act
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Sales of Goods Act
- Indian Partnership Act
- Specific Relief Act, 1963
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882,
- East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act, 1949
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- Limitation Act, 1963
- Indian Easements Act 1882
- Registration Act, 1908
- Indian Stamp Act, 1899
Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus for Civil Law-II
Check the below table to know the Syllabus for Civil Law-II for PPSC. Applicants are advised not to go with the deep knowledge of Law mentioned in the following points. The level questions will be based on the basic detail about the Law topics.
- Hindu Law
- Mohammedan Law
- Customary Law
- Law of Registration and Limitation
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Hindu Succession Act, 1956
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus for Criminal Law
In the following table, there are topics from which criminal law questions will be asked in the PPSC exam. Candidates can also download the Punjab Judiciary Exam 2021 Syllabus PDF from the link given in this article.
|Indian Evidence Act, 1872||Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005||Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881|
|Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973||Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act||Indian Penal Code, 1860|
|Criminal Rules of Practice||Indian Evidence Act, 1872||A.P. Excise Act, 1968
PCS Judiciary Syllabus Punjab for General English
In the below table, the topics for General English were mentioned for the applicants who are preparing for the Punjab Public Service Commission.
|Fill in the blanks||Spotting Errors||Para Completion|
|Joining Sentences||Error Correction||Synonyms|
|Spelling Test||Substitution||Passage Completion|
|Idioms and Phrases||Antonyms||Active and Passive Voice|
|Sentence Arrangement||Sentence Pattern||Error Correction (Underlined Part)|
|Homophones||Suffix and Prefix||Tag Questions
Punjab PCS Judiciary Syllabus for the Punjabi Language
It is compulsory for the students applying for the PPSC to know the Punjabi language as it is an important section of the PPSC Mains Syllabus of Punjab Judiciary Exam.
Go to the table given down to know the topics asked in the Paper of the Punjabi in Gurmukhi Script.
|Origin of Punjabi language||Language and dialect|
|Punjab Morphology||Modern trends|
|Punjabi Grammer||Passage Writing
Punjab Judiciary Exam Pattern 2021
As per the official notification of the Punjab High Court, there are three levels of the exam. Check the following tables to understand the marking scheme of the various levels of PPSC with the help of the Punjab Judiciary Exam Pattern.
Punjab Judiciary Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
- The Prelims Paper is qualified in nature, and questions will be asked in the form of objective type (MCQ).
- For each wrong answered question, applicants have to give a penalty of 1/5th marks from the correct answer.
- There is no deduction for any unanswered questions.
- The objective type questions for the Prelims Exam will be from the PCS Judiciary Syllabus Punjab prescribed for the Mains Written Exam.
- Look at the table to know the number of questions asked in each section of Prelims and the exam’s time duration.
|Name Of The Subject||No of Questions||Total Marks|
|Main Subjects of Law||125 (Four Marks for each Question)||500|
|Indian Legal & Constitutional History and Governance|
|Time duration: 2 Hours|
Punjab Judiciary Mains Exam Pattern 2021
- It is a descriptive type (Written Exam).
- The basic knowledge of the law will be observed in the exam. Applicants do not need to go for a deep study for the Law.
- A set of questions will be asked in which aspirants have to give the facts of a typical situation and ask the applicant to frame problems, write a judgment, and discuss the admissibility of testimony.
- The least qualifying scores in the language paper of Punjabi (Gurmukhi Script) will be (33%) thirty-three percent.
- In the following table, we have mentioned the marking scheme’s segregation based on the sections of the Mains Exam and the time duration.
|Papers||Subject Names||Number of Marks|
|Paper I||Civil Law||200|
|Paper III||Criminal Law||200|
|Paper IV||English Language||200|
|Paper V||Punjabi Language||150|
|Time Duration||Three Hours for Each Section|
Punjab Judiciary Preparation Tips 2021
The applicants preparing for the PPSC Exam for the post of Civil Judge can check out the below points for the Punjab Judiciary Tips and Tricks that help the aspirant score well in the exam.
- Make a time table to start preparing for the exam based on the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Schedule the time for each section of the Prelims and Mains Exam of PPSC.
- Download the sample papers and previous year’s question papers from the internet.
- Practice as much as possible with the mock test series to understand the exam’s pattern and level.
- Set the time while practicing and try to speed up solving questions with accuracy.
- Make a slot for revision and doubt sessions. To avoid the mistakes and clear the doubts.
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus FAQs
Q) What are the subjects included in the PPSC Civil Judge Prelims Exam?
A) Five subjects will be asked in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (Objective Type) for the Prelims Exam. The sections the questions will be asked in the Prelims Exam of PPSC are- Main Subject of Law, Current Affairs, Indian Legal & Constitutional History and Governance, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning.
Q) What is the time duration for the Mains Exam?
A) As the Mains Exam is a descriptive type exam, candidates will get the three hours separately to complete each section of the PPSC Mains Exam. The two language papers- General English and Punjabi Language, the limit is the same for these two sections.
Q) What is the mode of the Punjab Judiciary Exam?
A) The mode of the exam is online. In the Prelims Exam, applicants need to choose one correct answer from the four options and mark on the screen. Whereas, in the Mains Exam, aspirants have to write the exam with a keyboard's help.
Q) How is the PPSC final result calculated?
A) The final result is calculated cumulative marks secured in the Mains Exam and Vice-Voce by the candidate. The Preliminary Exam is qualified in nature.
Q) Is the calculator allowed in the PPSC exam?
A) Any electronic gadgets like- Mobile Phone, Smart Watch, Calculator, etc. are strictly prohibited in the PPSC exam. If found any, candidates are not allowed to give the exam. The only stationary box is allowed in teh exam hall.