West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) holds the authority to conduct judiciary exam for civil judge (Junior Division) posts. It is an online exam and WBPSC takes responsibility for the recruitment process. The WBPSC Recruitment 2021 notification gives a clear idea of eligibility to apply for the WB Judiciary exam 2021.
The stages of the recruitment process are 1. Preliminary exam 2. Mains Exam and 3. Personal interview. The WBPSC Notification is declared only for 26 vacancies. Candidates who had completed a bachelor’s degree in law are said to be eligible for the WB Civil Judge recruitment exam.
West Bengal Judiciary Notification 2021
The WBPSC notification for the Judiciary exam was released on 17th June 2020 and the last day for submission of application was ended on 2nd August 2020. The Preliminary exam was conducted on 11th October 2020. Now, Candidates are waiting for the West Bengal Judiciary Prelims result. Check best books for judiciary exam.
On 13th November 2020, WBPSC has declared dates for the mains exam. The West Bengal Judiciary Mains exam will be conducted on the following dates 10th & 11th December 2020, and 14th to 19th December 2020.
Candidates who had qualified for the preliminary exam have to attend the mains exam on the scheduled dates. You can check more details on WBPSC Judiciary notification 2021.
In this article, we have given complete details on WBPSC Judiciary exam notification details.
WB Judiciary Exam 2021 Highlights
The below tabular form gives insights into the West Bengal Judiciary exam
|Name of the Exam||WBPSC Judiciary Exam|
|Conducting body||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Name of the post||Civil Judge (Civil Division)|
|Total no of vacancies||26|
|Location of the job||West Bengal|
|WBPSC Notification released date||7th July 2020|
WBPSC Judiciary Vacancy 2021
Recently WBPSC has released a notification for a total of 26 vacancies for the post of Civil Judge (Junior Division). Look at the table below category wise vacancies.
|Category||Total No of Vacancies|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||03|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||01|
|Physically Handicapped Candidates||01|
WBPSC Judiciary Exam Dates 2021
|Notification released date||Updated Soon|
|Starting date for an online application form||Updated Soon|
|Last date for submission of online application form||Updated Soon|
|Starting date for payment of fee online||Updated Soon|
|Last date for payment of fee online||Updated Soon|
|WBPSC Civil Judge Exam date||Updated Soon|
|Announcement of Result||Updated Soon|
WB Judiciary Apply Online 2021
WBPSC Application form for Civil Judge posts is available online. Candidates can follow the below steps to apply for the WBPSC Judicial Services exam. Check how to prepare for judiciary exams.
WBPSC Judiciary Registration 2021
- Candidates need to open the website www.pscwbapplication.in for registration of the application
- The “Application form” section is displayed on the screen. Click on it, you will get a page to fill the details in the form.
- After clicking on the link, a new page is opened in a new tab showing “enroll yourself”,.
- Click on the ‘enroll yourself’ link. A new WBPSC Application form is displayed on the screen asking to enter the basic details such as contact details, candidate’s name, address, and so on.
- After filling in the asked details in the form. Click on the sign-up button.
- As soon as you did the above option you will receive an OTP to the given mobile number or email id.
- To get enrollment successfully, you have to enter the received OTP. After completion of this, you will be verified successfully.
- Again you have to login by using the registration number and password to enter the remaining details such as eligibility, qualification, personal information, and others.
- After completion of the entire process, you have to upload a scanned document of passport size photo and signature by clicking on the “Upload” option.
- After the completion of the WBPSC Judiciary application form process, pay the application fee as per the category.
Instructions to Upload Documents
When filling the WBPSC Application form, he/she must upload some documents that are necessary for the completion of the application form.
- Scanned Documents of passport size photo and signature.
- The signature must be in a black pen only and that too must be on white background.
- The dimension of the signature must be 2.5 x 7.5 cm.
- If needed, Candidates have to upload caste category certificates.
- Education-related documents need to be uploaded.
WBPSC Judiciary Application Fee 2021
Candidates need to complete the payment process after the submission of the application form. Without payment of the application fee, the submission of the application form will not be accepted. So, it is mandatory for all the candidates to pay the necessary fee by following the methods given below.
- Candidates should pay the application fee by using Debit Card/Credit card/Net Banking e.t.c
- After making payment of the fee, Download the receipt.
- And, also take the receipt of payment of fee as proof.
West Bengal Judiciary Selection Process 2021
The recruitment process for Civil Judge posts will be done in three stages i.e 1.Preliminary Exam, 2. Mains Exam, 3.Personal Interview (Viva Voice). Applicants have to clear all the tests conducted by WBPSC. The WBPSC Recruitment for Civil Judge posts is given below. Check upcoming judiciary exams 2021.
This one is the first stage in the recruitment process, candidates who successfully cracked the prelims exam will be promoted to the next round i.e mains exam. In the Preliminary exam, 200 multiple choice objective questions were asked.
The mains exam comprises of eight mandatory papers and three conventional papers. The total papers will be conducted for 100 marks. Those who crack the mains exam shall be called for the final stage of the recruitment process i.e personal interview.
Selected candidates will have to attend the Personality test i.e conducted for 100 marks. The final merit is prepared on the basis of marks secured in the mains exam and interview.
West Bengal Judiciary Eligibility Criteria 2021
Applicants who are interested to apply for the WB Judiciary exam have to refer to the eligibility before submitting the application form online. The WBPSC Judiciary eligibility includes education qualification and age limit.
- Applicants must have graduated in Law from a recognized central/state universities.
- He/she must have a membership in the bar council.
- Candidates able to speak write and read the Bengali language.
- Candidates age must not less than 23 years and exceed 35 years as on 04.07.2020
- There will be age relaxation for some categories. Candidates should read the official notification for more details on age relaxation.
- The age relaxation is given up to 5 years for the Scheduled caste / Scheduled Tribe categories and 03 years for Backward caste candidates. For the candidates who are having a disability of 40%, for them, the age limit is 45 years.
West Bengal Judiciary Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for both the preliminary exam and Mains Exam is given below
WBPSC Prelims syllabus
|Personal Law||Jurisprudence||Indian Penal Code|
|Principle of Muslim Laws||Principle of Hindu Laws||Transfer of Property Act|
|Criminal Procedure Code||Code of Civil Procedure||Constitution of India|
|Indian Evidence Act||General Knowledge|
WBPSC Mains Syllabus
|Compulsory- Paper I|
|Transfer of Property Act||Criminal law|
|Contract law||general knowledge|
|Optional Papers-Paper II|
|Constitutional law||Law of limitation|
|Partnership Act||Law of Trusts and Specific relief|
|Laws relating to companies and insurance||Jurisprudence and principles of legislation|
|Hindu law||Muslim Law|
Compulsory Subject list
- Transfer of Property Act
- Law of Contracts and Torts
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge
- English Composition, Precis writing, Essay
- Civil Procedure Code
- Indian Evidence Act
- Bengali/ Hindi/ Nepali/ Urdu, Essay, and Translation from English all of the previous ones
Optional Subjects list
- Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief
- Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription
- Indian Law relation to Companies and Insurance
- Jurisprudence and Principles of Legislation
- The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law
- Muhammadan Law
- Hindu Law
- Partnership Act
Personality test & Interview (Viva Voice)
The Personality test is conducted for 100 marks. To appear in the Mains exam and Viva voice, you have qualified in the prelims exam. A personality test is conducted to test the behavior and thinking ability of the candidate. Candidates who will give good answers to the questions asked by an interview panel will achieve good scoring marks. These marks help your name to be on the declared merit list. The WBPSC Judiciary Provisional merit list is declared on the basis of the marks secured in the mains exam and interview. A preliminary exam is conducted only for screening the candidates.
WB Judiciary Exam Pattern 2021
The recruitment process for the Judiciary exam is a preliminary exam, Mains Exam, and Personal Interview. We have given the exam pattern for all the exams in a tabular form below.
West Bengal Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
- The exam will be conducted online and the question paper format is an objective type (Multiple Choice Questions)
- The preliminary exam conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- The exam will be given a time frame of 180 minutes.
- The paper is of the standard of Graduation level
|Law of Limitation||20||180 minutes|
|Indian Penal Code and Criminal Procedure code||20|
|Civil Procedures codes||20|
|Law of evidence||20|
|Law of contracts and torts||20|
|Constitution of India||20|
|Current affairs, General Reasoning, and Test of Reasoning||40|
WB Judiciary Mains Exam Pattern 2021
- The Qualified candidates in the preliminary exam have to attend for the mains exam.
- The mains exam is of subjective type.
- Each section in the mains exam will be conducted for 100 marks.
- There will be both compulsory and optional papers.
- You need to select any 3 papers from the given optional papers.
- The total exam will be conducted in a duration of 3 hours
|Subject||Marks||Duration of Exam|
|Transfer of property act||100||3 Hours|
|Law of Contracts & Torts||100|
|Indian Evidence Act||100|
|Indian Penal Code & Criminal Procedure code||100|
|Civil Procedure code||100|
|Current affairs & General Knowledge||100|
|Santali/Nepali/Urdu/Hindi/Bengali composition, essay, and translation from English into Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali||100|
|Essay, English Composition, Precis writing||100|
|Optional Papers (Any three paper should be chosen)|
|principles of legislation and Jurisprudence||100|
|Constitutional Law and the Indian constitution||100|
|Law of Prescription & Law of Limitation||100|
|Indian Law relating to companies and insurance||100|
How to Download WB Judiciary Admit Card 2021
It is mandatory to carry the West Bengal Judicial Services admit card for the Civil Judge posts for preliminary and mains exam. Who fails to carry the admit card is not allowed to enter the exam hall. The steps are given below to download West Bengal Judiciary Exam admit card and follow it.
Steps to Download WBPSC Judiciary Admit card 2021
- Candidates can click on the direct links given above or you can visit the official website of WBPSC.
- After having the official website page, find out the “Recruitment” section.
- Tap on the link it will lead to another page displaying all the Advt details of the WB Judiciary exam.
- Now, Click on the admit card/hall ticket link.
- A new page displayed on the screen asking to enter the credentials to access the admit card.
- Now enter the credentials such as Registration number, Password/Date of Birth, and click on the login button.
- Now your WB Judicial services admit card is displayed on the screen.
- Take a print or download the admit card for further use.
- After downloading the admit card, double-check the details in the admit card to find out any mistakes.
WB Judiciary Services Result 2021
The WBPSC Result of Civil Judge posts for both prelims and mains will be declared after one month of completion of the exam. Candidates can follow the steps below to check preliminary and mains results.
- He/she can visit the WBPSC portal i.e www.wbpsc.gov.in
- Now check out the recruitment section and click on it.
- After clicking, Results links are displaying on the screen.
- Now you can enter your registration no, Date of Birth/password in the displayed page, and click on the login button.
- Your West Bengal Judiciary result is displayed on the screen.
- Download the result pdf and search your name in the pdf.
WB Judiciary Cut off 2021
Candidates who are applied must download the admit card and also should remember that they have to secure minimum marks. The preliminary exam marks are only considered qualifying for the mains exam. Final merit is only taken into consideration for the final selection process. Candidates who secured marks in the mains exam and personal interview will be taken into consideration for the preparation of the merit list. The WBPSC will upload the merit list along with the result. So, candidates have to visit the official website to check regular updates.
Candidates should know about the WBPSC Judicial Recruitment 2021 for civil judge posts. Candidates whose name appears on the merit list shall be considered for the civil judge posts. Now, candidates can prepare themselves for the civil judge exam by taking the mock tests.
West Bengal Judiciary Pay Scale
Applicant’s who selected for civil judge posts will be paid in a range of Rs.27,700-770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770/-. That means appointment candidates will get a starting salary of Rs.27,700/- per month
WB Judiciary Answer Key 2021
The answer key for the civil judge exam will be released after a week or two from the commencement of the exam. The answer key includes answers for the question papers. You can download the WBPSC Judiciary answer key by following the steps below.
How to Download WBPSC Judiciary answer Key
- Candidates can visit the official website of the West Bengal service commission (WBPSC)
- Visit the recruitment section to download the WBPSC answer key.
- Download the answer key and start verifying the answers to the questions you have attempted in the exam.
- We have also given a direct link below to access the WB Judicial Answer Key
West Bengal Judiciary Exam Books For Preparation
For the preparation of the exam, books are necessary. So, we have given the best books that cover all WBPSC Judiciary syllabus and exam pattern. In the tabular form below we have given the Subject Name, Author Name, and Book Name.
|Indian Evidence Act||Vepa P.Sarathi & Abhinandan Malik||Law of Evidence Paperback|
|Indian Contract Act||Sir Dinshaw Fardunji Mulla||The Key to Indian Practice|
|Transfer of Property Act||Poonam Pradhan Saxena||Property Law Paperback|
|Criminal Law||CrPc Bare Act||Code of Criminal Procedure|
|Indian Penal Code||Gaur K.D||Commentary on the Indian Penal Code Hardcover|
|Civil Procedure Code||C.K.Takwani||Civil Procedure with Limitation Act|
|Constitution of India||Durgadas Basu||Introduction to the Constitution of India|
West Bengal Judiciary Exam FAQs
Q) How Can I apply for the WBPSC Judiciary Exam 2021?
A) Candidates can visit the official website of the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) for the submission of an online application form.
Q) The WBPSC Civil Judge Prelims exam will be conducted for how many marks?
A) The preliminary exam will be conducted for 200 marks.
Q) What is the educational qualification required to apply for West Bengal Judiciary Exam?
A) Candidates who possess a Bachelor's degree in Law are eligible for WBPSC Civil Judge Exam.
Q) On what basis WBPSC Judiciary merit list is released?
A) The Final merit is prepared on the basis of the marks secured in the mains exam and personal interview.
Q) For how many marks mains exam is conducted?
A) The WBPSC Judiciary Mains will be conducted for a total of 1200 marks in a duration of 3 hours.
Q) What is the age required to apply for WB Judiciary Exam?
A) Candidate's age must be in between 23 to 35 years to apply for West Bengal Judiciary vacancies.