Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) will declare notification for the recruitment of Civil Judge Posts vacancies on the official website. Those who are interested to serve in the judiciary department may apply for the Punjab Judiciary exam online on or before the last date.
The recruitment process shall be conducted only for the eligible candidates. Candidates have to attend the Preliminary exam, Mains exam, the Interview process. First, the users have to qualify in the preliminary exam to be in the race in the recruitment process. The nature of the preliminary exam is objective and the Mains exam is descriptive.
We have the news that PPSC recruitment for Civil Judge posts for 75 vacancies going to be released shortly. One can submit the PPSC online application form from the official website within the mentioned dates. The pay scale is Rs. 27,700 to Rs. 44,770, for civil Judge (Junior Judge) posts. Check how to prepare for judiciary exams.
To crack the Punjab Judiciary exam, good preparation is necessary, and also you have to know the structure and syllabus. In this article, we have given a detailed explanation of the Punjab Judiciary exam. Without skipping it, read the details on eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, how to apply, and other details.
Punjab Judiciary Exam 2020-21 Overview
The below table states the Highlights of Punjab Judiciary Notification
|Name of the conducting body||Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)|
|Exam Name||Punjab Civil Services (PCS)|
|Post Name||Civil Judge|
|Selection Process||1.Prelims 2.Mains 3.Interview|
|Total No of Posts||To be Updated later|
|Admit card releasing date||to be updated later|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Dates||To e announced later|
Punjab Judiciary Recruitment Vacancy List 2020-21
PPSC release the judiciary notification category wise on its official website. We are expecting a total of 75 vacancies should be notified in the PPSC Judiciary advertisement pdf. We have given the category wise vacancies below in a tabular form. Check the best books for judiciary exams.
|Punjab, Backward Classes||09|
|Ex-servicemen (Backward Classes), Punjab||01|
|Ex-servicemen (Balmiki/Mazhbi Sikhs), Punjab||01|
|Mazhbi/Sikhs, Punjab||9 (including 2 backlogs)|
|Others, Scheduled Castes, Punjab||9 (including 1 backlog)|
|Ex-servicemen (Scheduled Castes), Others, Punjab||02|
|Sportspersons (Scheduled Caste) Punjab||01|
|Persons with disability, Punjab||02|
PPSC Recruitment Notification 2020-21
As per the official notification of PPSC, everybody needs to submit the application form online only. There has been no option for submitting the form offline. So, for any updates on PPSC Civil Judge notification visit the official website. Read the important instructions before filling the PPSC Judiciary exam application form.
Punjab Judiciary Eligibility criteria 2020-21
The recruitment drive is conducted only for those who meet the eligibility criteria that should match with the PPSC Judicial Services notification pdf. If the candidate finds ineligibility during the recruitment process, his/her application is canceled and disciplinary action is taken action against him.
- Candidates should have done a bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized university. Some of the university names are given below.
- The Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Mandalay University or Sindh University in Rangoon/Burma
- The Dacca University
- The Punjab University
- He/she must be a member of the faculty of advocates of Scotland or the barrister of Ireland/England.
- He/She must have studied the Punjabi language till matriculation.
- No Punjab language test is conducted for a dependent of war hero
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, or Bhutan.
- Candidates who had come from the mentioned countries and permanently settled in India are eligible to apply for this PPSC Civil Judge vacancies
- The candidate’s age must in between 21 to 37 years as of the last date of submission of the application form.
- The Central/States Government employees will have an age relaxation of up to 45 years of age.
- There has been an age relaxation for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates for up to 42 years of age.
- Physically Handicapped candidates who are domicile of state of Punjab will be given age relaxation for up to 47 years.
- The widow candidates, divorced and other candidates who are eligible that falls under this category will be given age relaxation up to the extent i.e 42 years.
Punjab Judiciary Application Form 2020-21
After knowing the eligibility, apply online for Punjab Judiciary vacancies from the official website. The steps to apply online for civil judge posts vacancies are given below. Follow the steps if you applying for the first time for ease of the process.
- Aspirants have to visit the official website of the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC).
- Then on the homepage of the PPSC website, you have to find the “Recruitment” section.
- Now click on the link. The desired page is displayed with the application form and PPSC Judiciary exam advt pdf.
- Now click on the application form link. The link takes you to the application form page.
- Before filling the Punjab Judiciary exam application form page. Read the instructions that are mentioned at the starting of the application form.
- After reading the important instructions, now start the filling of the application form page with the required details.
- You need to fill the application form with the basic details such as educational qualifications and personal details.
- Upload Necessary documents such as passport size photo and signature in the relevant space.
- After entering the details in the form,
Punjab Judiciary Application Fee
The application fee is not the same for all the categories. Below we have given the application fee against the category in a tabular form below. Before applying online for Punjab Judiciary exams, check the application you have to pay.
|General Category candidate and all reserved category candidates of other states||Rs.1000/-|
|Female candidates of General category candidates and female applicants of other state residents||Rs.250/-|
|SC/ BC-A/ BC -B/ ESM Male & Female category candidates of Haryana State||Rs.250/-|
|Physically disabled candidates with 40% disability of Haryana state||Nil|
Candidates have to pay this application fee through a payment gateway by using a Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking after filling up of PPSC Judicial Civil Judge online application form.
Punjab Judiciary Selection Process 2020-21
Aspirants have to attend the recruitment process to be in the race selection process. The recruitment process will be held only for the applied candidates. The selection process includes the 1.Preliminary exam, 2. Mains Exam, 3.Personality Test/Viva Voice.
PPSC Judiciary Exam Pattern 2020-21
Before having the preparation for prelims and mains exam let’s see the structure and exam pattern given below. The preliminary exam is conducted only for the qualifying purpose. You have to get minimum cut-off marks in the mains exam and interview to get your name on the provisional merit list. Download Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus.
Punjab Judiciary Prelims Exam Pattern 2020-21
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- Candidates have to answer the questions in a duration of 2 hours for 125 questions.
- The Question paper is of objective type i.e multiple choice type questions.
- Each question carries 4 marks
- The Preliminary exam will be conducted for 500 marks.
- Negative marking is applied to the Punjab Judiciary exam. So, 0.20 marks will be deducted from the actual answer.
|Exam||Subjects/Topics||Negative Marking||Duration of exam||Total Marks|
|Preliminary||Indian Legal and Constitution History, Aptitude, Reasoning, Governance, Important current events of International and National, Criminal Law & Civil Law||1/5 of marks will be taken off for every wrong answer||2 Hours||500 marks|
Punjab Judiciary Mains Exam Pattern 2020-21
- The mains exam paper consists of five papers.
- Each paper is assigned for 150 marks.
- The total mains exam question paper is assigned to 400.
- You will be to answer the questions in a time frame of 3 hours.
- You need to answer the questions in subjective type
|Subject||Paper||Duration of Exam||Total Marks||Negative Marking Scheme|
|Civil Law||Paper I||3 Hours||200 marks||No Negative marking|
|Civil Law||Paper-II||3 Hours||200 marks|
|Criminal Law||Paper III||3 Hours||200 marks|
|English Language||Paper IV||3 Hours||200 marks|
|Punjabi Language||Paper V||3 Hours||150 marks|
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus 2020-21
Civil Law – I (Paper I)
- The Sale of Goods Act
- The Code of Civil Procedure
- The Transfer of Property Act
- The Punjab Courts Act
- Specific Relief Act
- The Indian Evidence Act
- The Indian Partnership Act
- The Indian Contract Act
- The East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act
Civil Law – II (Paper II)
- Muslim Law
- Limitation and Registration Law
- Customary Law
- Hindu Law
Criminal Law (Paper III)
- The Code of Criminal Procedure
- The Indian Penal Code
- The Indian Evidence Act
English (Paper IV)
- Essay writing (1000-1100 words)
- Correction of sentence
- Precis writing
- Making sentences with particular phrases and words
Language (Paper V)
- Translations of Punjabi, which is given in the Gurumukhi script.
- The only paper with total marks of 150.
Punjab Judiciary Admit Card 2020-21
Punjab Judiciary admit card is available for only those candidates who have submitted the application form successfully. Candidates have to follow some basic steps given below to download the Punjab Judiciary exam admit card. The hall ticket is not the same for both prelims and mains exams. You have to download it separately on the official website.
How to Download Punjab Judiciary Exam Admit card 2020-21
- Users who had applied for the PPSC Civil Judge vacancies have to visit the official website of PPSC i.e ppsc.gov.in
- Now search for the recruitment section on the website homepage.
- After clicking on the link, you will able to see all the Judicial services exam details notification.
- Now click on the Judicial Service exam. Now a new page on your computer screen is displayed with Punjab Judiciary admit card link.
- Click on the link. Now, your admit card starts the process of downloading.
- Download/Print the admit card for appearing Punjab Judiciary exam.
Punjab Judiciary Result 2020-21
The result for both prelims and mains will be released online on the official website of PPSC. Those who had attended the exam and waiting for the result can check here from the direct links given here. We guide you to check the Punjab Judiciary exam result here on this page.
- Visit the official website of Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Portal.
- Now find out the Recruitment link for the Judicial services exam.
- After clicking on the desired link. The result page is displayed on the screen.
- Now enter the details such as Registration No, Date of Birth/Password.
- Now click on the login button. Your result is displayed on the screen.
Punjab Judiciary Interview 2020-21
- The Viva Voice (Interview) is conducted for the candidates who secured the minimum 50% marks in all papers of the mains exam.
- The interview is conducted to test the behavior and nature of candidates suitable for the job profiles.
- The interview is conducted for 100 marks.
The final merit is prepared by calculating the mains exam score and viva voice score. The preliminary exam is conducted only for qualifying for the mains exam and interview.
PPSC Judicial Cut off 2020-21
The Punjab Judiciary cut-off will be uploaded on the official website of the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) after the conducting of the selection process. The cut off is decided based on the number of applied candidates against the exam and the difficulty of the exam. Every year there will be some Variation in Cut off marks. The candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in each selection stage exam to further proceed in the next stage of the selection process.
Punjab Judiciary Answer Key 2020-21
After the commencement of the exam, the answer key will be uploaded on the official website. The answer key will be released after two days of the exam. Candidates can check the questions they have attempted with the answer key. They can expect the marks before the actual result gets declared. You will have sufficient time after the preliminary exam for the preparation of the mains exam.
Without wasting time, you can prepare by referring to the best books available in the market.
Punjab Judiciary Exam Dates 2020-21
PPSC will upload the Punjab Judiciary recruitment notification on the official website. Candidates need to check out the exam dates to avoid confusion. We advise the candidates to visit the official website every day to check out any updates on the Punjab Judiciary exam. Here in the below table, we have given event names and dates.
|Starting date of online application form||To be announced later|
|Last Date for an online application form||To be announced later|
|Preliminary examination date||To be announced later|
|Mains Exam Date||To be announced later|
|Viva Voice||To be announced later|
Punjab Judiciary Exam FAQs
Q) What is the eligibility required to apply for the PPSC Judicial Service Exam?
A) Candidates must have obtained a bachelor's degree in Law from a recognized university. Apart from this, candidates must know the Punjabi language till matriculation.
Q) Is there any negative marking in the Punjab Judiciary exam?
A) Yes, the Negative marking scheme is there in the preliminary exam. The correct answer will be given 4 marks and for the wrong answer, 1/5th marks will be deducted from the actual marks.
Q) What is the minimum age limit required to apply for Punjab Judiciary Vacancies?
A) Candidates should possess 21 years of age at the time of applying for Civil Judge (Junior Division) posts.
Q) How to apply for the Punjab Judiciary exam?
A) The eligible candidates have to visit the official website of the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to apply online for PPSC Civil Judge posts.
Q) How can I download the Punjab Judiciary Syllabus 2020?
A) The PPSC Civil Judge syllabus and structure/pattern of the exam can be downloaded from the official website of Punjab High court.