Delhi Judiciary Syllabus: Delhi High Court is planning to announce civil judge vacancies notification in the upcoming months. It is difficult to crack the Delhi Judiciary exam and also so much time needs for preparation. Yet the notification is not released, you can prepare for the exam by knowing the Delhi Judiciary syllabus. We have given the structure of the exam, the pattern of the exam e.t.c.
Delhi Judiciary Syllabus 2020-21
Before starting the preparation, know the hiring process. The first preliminary exam is conducted, then after that mains exam and Personal Interview conducted. The nature of the prelims exam is objective and the mains exam is subjective in nature.
To Consider in the final selection process, you have to secure above the cut off marks. In this article, we will describe to you the important topics that you have to prepare for the exam. Prepare according to the Delhi Judiciary syllabus to attempt all the questions in the exam.
Delhi Judiciary Prelims Syllabus 2020-21
The Preliminary exam is conducted for screening purposes. The exam carries 200 marks and objective in nature. The Delhi Judiciary Prelims exam comprises of questions from the topics that are given below.
General candidates have to secure a minimum of 60% marks and the reserved category candidates such as Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste, Physically Handicapped, and other category candidates have to secure a minimum of 55% marks.
Candidates who got above the qualified marks will have to attend the mains exam. The mains exam and viva voice test marks combine together will be released a merit list.
- General Knowledge
- Contract Act
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Evidence Act
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Partnership Act
- Specific Relief Act
- Arbitration Law
- Constitution of India
- Limitation Act
Delhi Judiciary Mains Syllabus 2020-21
General Knowledge and Language (250 Marks)
Section 1 (General Knowledge): This test is conducted to know how good he/she is in current affairs and the general knowledge section. This includes questions about current affairs happening international and national. The General Knowledge section will be conducted for 100 marks.
Section II (Language): The test is conducted on Vocab, essay, Precis Writing, and Translation. There will be a deduction of marks for faulty grammar, misuse of words e.t.c.
Candidates will be given two passages for translation.
1.From English to Hindi (Devnagri Script)
2.From Hindi to English
The Language test will be conducted for 150 marks.
Civil Law-1 (200 Marks)
- Specific Relief Act
- Mohammedan Law
- Indian Partnership Act
- Hindu Law
- Indian Sale of Goods Act
- Law of Torts
- Indian Contract Act
- Delhi Rent Control Act
Civil Law-II (200 Marks)
- Law of Evidence
- Law of Registration
- Civil Procedure Code
- Law of Limitation
Criminal Law (200 Marks)
- Indian Evidence Act
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Indian Penal Code
Delhi Judicial Personal Interview (Viva Voice)
We have given the full detail on Viva Voice below. The viva voice will be conducted only for the candidates who are qualified in both prelims and mains exam.
- The Viva Voice/Interview will be conducted for 150 marks.
Delhi Judicial Service Exam Pattern 2020-21
The structure & exam pattern for Delhi judicial service exam is given below. We have given the exam pattern for prelims, mains, and Viva voice
DJS Preliminary Exam Pattern 2020-21
- The exam will be conducted online i.e computer-based exam
- It is the gateway to the next qualifying exams. So, you must qualify for this exam by scoring the above cut off marks.
- The exam will be conducted for a total of 150 marks.
- You should be careful in attempting the answers to avoid negative marking. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks are deducted.
DJS Mains Exam Pattern 2020-21
- The exam will be of descriptive type.
- The exam comprises four papers. Each paper will be conducted for 200 marks except the General knowledge paper will be conducted for 150 marks
DJS Viva Voice/Personality Test 2020-21
- The Interview will be conducted for 250 marks.
- It is mandatory for General category candidates to secure above 60% marks and 50% of marks SC/ST Candidates for qualifying mains examination.
- General Applicants who secured a minimum of 40% marks in each written paper and an aggregate of 50% marks will be called for Viva voice.
- Candidate’s belonging to SC/ST, Physically Handicapped, Ex-servicemen, have to secure a minimum 35% in each paper and an aggregate of 45% marks.
- Marks secured in the interview will be added to the marks secured in the exam and will be taken aggregate of both for the final selection process.
- The merit list will be released on the basis of the aggregate score and personal behavior of the candidate
Delhi Judiciary Syllabus Pdf
Candidates who are searching for the Delhi Judiciary Syllabus pdf can download via our website. They can easily crack the exam if they prepare according to the Delhi Judiciary exam syllabus. First, prepare for the prelims exam and complete the entire syllabus topics for the preliminary exam and then prepare for the mains exam. If they perform well in the Delhi HJS Prelims exam will have a chance to write the mains exam. Those who want to download Delhi Judiciary Syllabus can have from the direct links given below.
Delhi Judicial Service Preparation Strategy 2020-21
- The Final Merit list shall be prepared on the basis of the mains exam and Interview. So, candidates have to allot more time preparing for the mains exam and voice exam. Don’t neglect the prelims exam as it is qualifying one for the next hiring process. Check how to prepare for judiciary exams.
- You have to be strong on the concepts to crack the exam. We advise the candidates to read the textbooks one or two for each section to get a better understanding of the concepts. The questions in the mains exam will be asked from the recent happenings in the judgment.
- It is better to know the rules and laws of Delhi.
- For the preliminary exam, you have to know the barc acts and legal developments.
- Patience is crucial in answering all the questions and also the paper is lengthy and time-consuming. It is better to practice the previous papers that will make you know which sections are taking more time. And, also you will come to know the structure of the exam.
Delhi Judicial Service Exam Books 2020-21
It is very necessary for you to collect the best judicial service books that help you gain a good knowledge of cracking the exam. We have given the book names and authors in a tabular form below. Check the Judiciary Books List.
|J.N Pandey||The Constitutional Law of India|
|C. K. Takwani||Civil Procedure Code|
|Avtar Singh||Contract and Specific Relief|
|Shailender Malik||Delhi Judicial Service Examination|
Delhi Judiciary Exam Syllabus FAQs
Q) On what Basis Final Selection will be conducted?
A) The marks secured in the mains exam and interview will be considered in the final merit list.
Q) Where can I download the Delhi Judiciary Syllabus 2020?
A) Candidates can download the Delhi Judiciary exam syllabus for both prelims and mains exam from the official website of Delhi High court.
Q) Any negative marking scheme is applied for the preliminary exam?
A) Yes, for every wrong answer there will deduction of 0.25 marks from the actual marks.
Q) Is Delhi Judicial Service exam is tough?
A) It depends upon the candidate's ability to understand the concepts. The candidates who had good knowledge and preparation will be easy for them than the non-preparation applicants.
Q) Do I know the hiring process for the Delhi Judiciary service exam?
A) First, the candidates have to qualify for the prelims exam, then the qualifying candidates have to attend for mains exam and interview.