The official notification for the Gujarat Judicial Services Exam is expected to out soon on its official website (www.gujarat high court.nic.in) for the post of Civil Judge in Gujarat High Court. Applicants see the complete detailed information like- eligibility criteria, vacancies, selection process, salary, etc. about the Gujarat Judiciary Recruitment 2023 in the article.
Gujarat Judiciary Exam 2023
- Every year the authority of Gujarat High Court releases the various Gujarat Judiciary vacancy for several posts in the High Court.
- The mode of applying for the Gujarat Judiciary is online.
- It is mandatory to meet the Gujarat Judiciary Eligibility Criteria to appear in the exam. If any candidate does not meet eligibility criteria, the application form will get rejected by the officials.
- Applicants have to go through the three rounds- Prelims, Mains, and Personality Test to be a part of the Gujarat High Court for the Civil Judge position.
Gujarat Judicial Services Exam 2023 Overview
|Conducting Body||Gujarat Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||Gujarat Judicial Services Civil Judge Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Name of the Post||Civil Judge|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, and Personality Test|
Gujarat Judiciary Important Dates 2023
Look down at the table to know tentative Gujarat Judiciary Important Dates 2023 to reference the applicants who are preparing for the Gujarat Public Service Commission.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentatively)|
|Release of Official Notification||January 2023|
|Start filling of Application Form||Will be notified soon|
|The application form filling process ends||Will be notified soon|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||Will be notified soon|
|Releasing Date of Admit Card||Will be notified soon|
|Date of Prelims Exam||Will be notified soon|
|Declaration of Prelims Result||Will Be Notified|
|Releasing Date of Mains Admit Card||Will Be Notified|
|Date of Mains Exam||Will Be Notified|
|Declaration of Mains Result||Will Be Notified|
Gujarat Judicial Services Eligibility Criteria 2023
The major factors that consider in the Gujarat Judicial Services Eligibility Criteria are mentioned in the following points-
- Applicants should have possessed a bachelor’s degree in Law from any recognized institute or university.
- The applicant should have Indian citizenship.
- Applicant’s age should not be less than 25 years and not be more than 35 years as per the official notification.
- In Gujarat Judicial official notification, the age relaxation will be given to the candidates’ special categories as per the norms.
- Additionally, the candidate must have the permanent residence of Gujarat to take the benefits of the reservation.
Gujarat Judicial Vacancy List 2023
Gujarat Judicial Recruitment Notification is yet to release. Applicants can take the reference of Previous Year Gujarat Judicial Vacancy given in the following table-
|Category||Number of Vacancies (Tentative)|
|Scheduled Castes (7%)||05|
|Scheduled Tribes (15%)||10|
|Socially & Educationally
Backward Classes (27%)
|Total Regular Vacancies||68|
|Physically disabled Candidates with
Locomotor disability of not less than 40% (3% (Horizontal)
Gujarat Judiciary Application Form 2023
In the following points, we are providing the complete Gujarat Judicial Application Form Process in the following steps mentioned in the below points-
- Go to the Gujarat High Court Official Website.
- Click on the option “Job Application,” then “Apply Now.”
- Read the instructions carefully and do registration by giving- Name, email id, mobile number.
- The candidate’s registration number and password will be sent on the given mobile number and email id.
- Log in again with the registration no. and password and fill out the complete Gujarat Judicial Application Form.
- Candidates have to fill in the details like- Personal Information, Educational Details, Scanned photographs & signatures, etc.
- Pay the Application Fee through the options given like- Debit/ Credit Card, UPI, Mobile Wallet, Bank Challan.
- Submit the GJPSC application form and take a print of the application form for future reference.
Gujarat Judicial Services Application Fee
Check the Application Fee in the below table for the different categories-
Gujarat Judicial Services Exam Pattern 2023
There are three stages of the Gujarat Higher Judiciary- Prelims, Mains, and Interview. Have a look at the following table to know the detailed information about the Gujarat Judicial Exam Pattern of the Gujarat Judiciary Exam stages.
|Number of Papers||1||3|
|Name of Papers||General Knowledge And law||Paper 1: Criminal|
|Paper 2: Civil|
|Paper 3: Gujarati|
|Language||75 Question: English||Paper 1 & 2: English|
|25 Question: Gujarati|
|Marks||100||Paper 1: 75|
|Paper 2: 75|
|Paper 3: 50|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours||Paper 1 – 2.5 Hours|
|Paper 2 – 2.5 Hours|
|Paper 3 – 1.5 Hours|
|Passing Marks||50%||General: 50%|
The applicants who have cleared the Prelims and Mains exam are eligible for the next process of the district judiciary Gujarat exam, which is the Personal Interview.
The GJPSC exam will be conducted for 50 marks. The merit list of the candidate will be calculated based on the Mains Exam and Personal Interview.
Gujarat Judicial Syllabus 2023
In the following table, applicants can see the important topics from the Prelims and Mains Exam syllabus separately.
Syllabus for Prelims Exam
Part A- The Negotiable Instruments Act (1881), The Indian Penal Code (1860), The Indian Evidence Act (1872), The Gujarat Prohibition Act (1949), The Code of Criminal Procedure (1973).
Part B- The Code of Civil Procedure (1908), The Limitation Act (1963), The Indian Contract Act (1872), The Constitution of India.
Part C- English Language, General Knowledge, Numerical & Mental Ability, Test of Reasoning, and Basics of Computer Applications.
Syllabus for Mains Exam
Paper I: Criminal- The Indian Penal Code (1860), Pre-conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act (1994), The Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act (1956), The Indian Evidence Act (1872), The Code of Criminal Procedure (1973), etc.
Paper-II: Civil- The Code of Civil Procedure (1908), The Limitation Act (1963), The Indian Partnership Act (1932), The Specific Relief Act (1963), The Indian Contract Act (1872), The Gujarat Court Fees Act (2004).
Paper III: Gujarati Language- Language of Question Paper-I & Paper-II of the Mains Written Exam will be English. Answers to Questions of Papers I & II of the Mains Written Exam may be given either in Gujarati or in English, if not notified otherwise.
Gujarat Judiciary Exam Admit Card 2023
The applicants who filled out the application form can download their Gujarat Judicial Admit Card. The hall ticket for both Prelims and Mains will be released separately on the official website of Gujarat High Court. Check the steps to download the Gujarat Judicial Call Letter in the following points-
- Visit the official website of Gujarat High Court.
- The home page will get open. Click on the “Gujarat Judicial Service Exam Admit Card 2022”.
- Give the required credentials to download the hall ticket- Registration No./ Roll No. and DOB/ Password.
- The Call Letter of the candidate appears on the screen. Download it and take a printout.
Gujarat Judicial Salary
The pay scale starts from INR 27,700-770-33,090-930-40,530-1080-44,850 + various perks and allowances.
Allowances- House Allowances, Travel Allowances, etc.
Gujarat Judicial Services Result 2023
The Gujarat Judicial Result will be declared in PDF form. Also, the result for each stage of the exam will be released separately on the website. Steps to download results-
- Visit the Gujarat Judicial official website.
- The link to Gujarat Judicial Result 2023 will be displayed on the home page.
- Download the pdf and find the name with the help of the registration number.
Gujarat Judicial Final Result will be calculated based on the marks obtained in the Mains Exam and Interview Process.
Gujarat Judiciary FAQs
Q) What is the age limit to appear in the Gujarat Judiciary Exam 2023?
A) The candidate's age limit to appear in the Gujarat Judicial Service Exam 35 years maximum. Click Here (Link of Eligibility Criteria) to know detailed information about Gujarat Judicial eligibility criteria.
Q) When the Gujarat Judicial Admit Card 2023 will get released?
A) The Gujarat Judiciary Services Admit Card released two weeks (15 days) before the exam. The call letter will be released separately for each stage of the exam. Click Here (Link of Admit Card) to know more details about Gujarat Judicial Admit Card.
Q) What is the Gujarat Judicial Selection Process 2023?
A) Candidates have to go through three rounds- Prelims Exam, Mains Exam, and Vice-Voce (Personal Interview) to be a part of the Gujarat High Court. Click Here (Link of Selection Process) to know the complete Gujarat Judiciary Service Selection Process of the exam.
Q) What is the negative marking for Gujarat Judicial Prelims Exam?
A) There is a negative marking of 0.33 marks for each incorrect answer marked in the applicant's exam. Click Here (Link of Exam Pattern) to know Gujarat Judicial Exam Pattern for both Prelims and Mains Exam.
Q) How many Papers are there in the Gujarat Judicial Mains Exam?
A) Three Papers are there in the Gujarat Judicial Mains Exam- Paper I (Criminal), Paper-II (Civil), and Paper III (Gujarati Language). Click Here (Link of Syllabus) to know the complete Gujarat Judicial Syllabus for both Prelims and Mains Exam.