CUET (Common University Entrance Test) is all india level entrance exam conducted by the NTA for admission to Central Universities of India to their undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs.
The CUET General test is a standardized test that assesses candidates’ knowledge and skills in various subjects such as mathematics, general Awareness, English language, and analytical reasoning.Lets Explore the article about how to prepare for CUET general test
The CUET General test is a moderately tricky test, and candidates need to have a strong foundation in the subjects mentioned above to score well.
To prepare for the test, candidates should focus on improving their reasoning, mathematical skills, and general Awareness. They should also actively practice solving analytical problems.
The CUET is conducted annually, and candidates can apply for it online by checking the official CUET website. It is important to note that the cutoff score for each subject varies from year to year, and the cutoff score to qualify for the test may depend on the university and program that the candidate is applying for.
CUET General Exam Pattern 2024
- The General test is conducted in an online mode
- The CUET General test comprises 75 multiple-choice questions, which candidates must complete within 60 minutes.
- The maximum marks that can be secured in this test is 75.
- The CUET General test question is classified into five sections: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, and Numerical Ability.
Let’s take a closer look at each of these CUET General Test subjects:
Numerical aptitude: This section tests the candidates’ ability to solve mathematical problems. The topics covered in this section include arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, simple interest, and percentage.
General knowledge and Current affairs: This section tests the candidates’ knowledge of current affair geography, general science, and history. The questions may cover topics such as national and international events, sports, awards and honors, books and authors, politics, science, and technology.
General Mental Ability & Quantitative Reasoning: This section tests the candidates’ ability to reason logically and solve problems. The questions are prepared to test the candidates’ ability to analyze information, draw inferences, and solve problems.
How to Prepare for CUET General Test 2024?
Scoring well in the CUET General Test can significantly impact your chances of securing admission to prestigious universities.
Many renowned central universities consider the CUET scores as one of the determining factors for admissions.Check the below essential steps for how to prepare for CUET General Test:
1 Understanding the Test Format
The CUET General Test consists of five sections: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, Numerical Ability. Understanding the exam pattern and content of each section is crucial for effective preparation.
2 Creating a Study Plan
To ensure effective preparation for the CUET General Test, it is essential to create a well-structured study plan. Here are some steps to help you design an efficient study plan:
- Setting Goals and Priorities
- Allocating Time for Each Section
- Utilizing Available Resources
3 Gaining General Awareness
- General Awareness assesses your knowledge of current affairs and general knowledge. Stay updated with the latest news, both nationally and internationally.
- Regularly read newspapers and magazines that cover a wide range of topics, including politics, science, technology, sports, and culture.
4 Taking Mock Tests and Solve Sample paper
- Mock tests play a crucial role in your preparation for the CUET General Test. Attempt mock tests under timed conditions to simulate the actual test environment
- Mock tests provide insights into the areas where you need additional practice and improvement.
- Practice Previous year Question paper.
5 Effective Time Management
- Time management is critical during the CUET General Test. Here are some tips to manage your time effectively during the exam
- Read the instructions carefully and allocate time to each section based on its weightage and difficulty level.
- Avoid spending too much time on a single question. If you are stuck on a particular question, move on to the next one and come back to it later.
The CUET General test is an important test that students need to take to gain admission in various universities across India. It assesses their knowledge and skills in various subjects such as mathematics, general Awareness and analytical reasoning.
To excel in the test, candidates need to have a strong foundation in these subjects and actively practice solving problems.
How to Prepare For CUET General Test FAQS:
Q:What are the types of question asked in CUET general test?
A: The Question asked in CUET General test from General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, and Numerical Ability.
Q: How many Questions need to be attempted in CUET General Test?
A: The candidate must attempt 60 Question out of 75 questions.
Q: How can I prepare for the CUCET General Test?
A: To prepare for the CUCET General Test, you can start by familiarizing yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus. Create a study plan, gather relevant study materials, and practice previous year question papers and sample tests.
Q: How many subjects can be choose in CUET?
A: Candidate can choose maximum 10 subjects form three sections.
Q: Is there negative marking in CUET?
A: Yes, For Each incorrect answer there will be – 1 marks will be deducted.